If you could have one superpower...

Reality warping.

But that's not much of a challange now is it? I'll take the ability to stop and unstop time at my will.

I thought this would be easy, but limiting it to one is really hard. After weighing the options of time travel, time stopping (like Mega), the ability to learn and understand things practically at will... I still have to go with flying... that would just rock :D

Perhaps I'd say flying. I've always thought it'd be great to just start flying aimlessly now and then, to be on your own and relax a bit. The freedom such power entails just blows my mind. I wonder if technology will someday be able to create systems to make people fly, even if for short distances only. You know, like a small, individual plane, or something like that, something you could strap to your body. It could even have wings! LOL it would be great.

Onhell said:
I thought this would be easy, but limiting it to one is really hard. After weighing the options of time travel, time stopping (like Mega), the ability to learn and understand things practically at will... I still have to go with flying... that would just rock :D

yeah it was between flying and teleporting for me. The one limiting factor is how fast can you fly? I assumed you could fly at a max of 150-200km/hr.
Actually now I have said that I'm not so sure. Flying would be so much fun, but teleporting would be so useful. You wouldn't need money or anything to teleport, you could do whatever like pop over to Canada or New Zealand for the afternoon to go skiing, maybe go to the beach at hawaii after. You could steal whatever you wanted and no-one could catch you aswell. Also I wonder if flying would get boring after a while?

What about if time travel and the ability to stop time were included in the same bundle? :p

Yeah, teleportation really does save you alot of time traveling, but technically you could stop time and then get to where you wanted without wasting actual time, only your own, so to speak.

Plus you could pretty much do whatever the hell you want, so that's a plus.

Jupz said:
What about if time travel and the ability to stop time were included in the same bundle? :p

You could call it Space-Time Manipulation? I'm sure if you could stop time, you'd be able to slow time, speed it up, rewind it or whatever else. Even teleport or travel through time, kinda like that Japanese guy from Heroes. http://heroeswiki.com/Space-time_manipulation

But just think of the uses! Rewind time after a particularily pleasurable sexual experience and do it all over again? Rewind time to relive an awesome Iron Maiden concert and watch it again? Pick a fight with your most hated enemy, then stop time just as he is about to punch you and move them infront of a brick wall or a friend of theirs?  :innocent:

My second choice would probably be invisibility, although I'd say things like x-ray vision, flight and regeneration would be very useful as well.

Regeneration? Why not just take invincibility in the first place :p

Nice ideas with Time Travel there aswell. IMO X-ray vision wouldn't be that great though :p

I want the ability to make energy blasts. Something like the Dragon Ball Z anime. I have a lot of enemies in real life. They need to be annihilated.

Jupz said:
Regeneration? Why not just take invincibility in the first place :p

Nice ideas with Time Travel there aswell. IMO X-ray vision wouldn't be that great though :p

X-ray vision has it's uses, as long as you don't get caught looking ;)
Oh, and finding the winning scratchie!

Well I suppose Invincibility would be better than Regeneration, but it would look so damn cool (if you don't puke at the sight of blood)!

Find the winning scatchie? Just teleport into a bank when it closes. or time travel :p

Does Iron Man's suit count as a super power?  Or is it really his brain that is 'super powered' to create that?  Hmmmm.

I think I'd like to be Spiderman.  Now, I know that the original Spiderman had to use his brain to create his web-shooters, and the movie version (I haven't read the comic in years, so I don't know if they retconned him) has 'built in' web shooters, so that is the Spiderman I wanna be.

They retconned the living shit out of Spidey.

All that being said, I'd generally prefer to have the superpower of super-strength. You can do lots with super-strength.

Yeah, I heard that his marriage is not only gone, but forgotten and shit like that.  meh.

How strong?  Superman?  Thing?  Hulk rage strong?  Didn't they do a Hulk vs Superman once?

Hulk and Superman are two different universes, so I don't know.

Think Superman strong. Though my guy from the upcoming Superhero RPG I'll be playing doesn't have super-strength.

Well, yeah, DC vs Marvel, but I was thinking they did one of those weird crossovers they do every now and then. 

So, what is his super power?  What RPG is it?

Mutants vs Masterminds

He's Commander Heroism, his power is that he becomes more powerful and lucky the more heroic he's being. If he's beating up a hobo on the street? He's just an average joe. If he's trying to save 15 children from being gang-raped by a thousand SS soldiers/Russian communists, he's fucking unstoppable.

Back