If Eternity Should Fail

How good is If Eternity Should Fail on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Oh, but he said it. Believe me! I'll get it for you once I have some time.

Maybe this one?

This is what happens when we have bursts of hour long interviews ;)

Last edited:
Brig read it too. What's this rare interview you guys are talking about?
Now I'm going to have to work out where I read it, but I'm sure I read that another song couldn't be used because it was co-written by Roy Z, thus implying that he wasn't involved in Eternity at all.

It's not rare, it was rather one sentence in like hour of interview or something. From what I remember Bruce said that there was four or five songs for new album, IESF was ready to go and another one but Roy was co-writter and that's why Maiden couldn't use it. Damn, now it won't give me rest. :D

It was a German interview in the TBOS pre-release thread. The song was form the Accident of Birth sessions and co written with Roy

There have been so many Bruce interviews in the past week or so I've lost track. I'll have a look through them over the weekend. I think it was a written one, not a video.

There have been so many Bruce interviews in the past week or so I've lost track. I'll have a look through them over the weekend. I think it was a written one, not a video.
Ok, so we must check EVERYTHING beacuse I'm sure like hell that he said this and I usually don't read interviews in my work so I guess that was video. Anyway - it's here somewhere.

Today I read an interview with Bruce in Aardschok (Dutch metal mag) and thought this was an interesting part (and a good question* nowhere else asked):

Bruce on "If Eternity Should Fail":

In the summer of 2014, at the end of our last tour, I let Steve Harris hear a demo of a song meant for my next solo album. That was If Eternity Should Fail. It even was the intended title number of the intended album. The lyrics are about a machine which steals the soul of humans. Steve was enthusiastic immediately: "That's the perfect opener for the next Maiden record!" And so it happened. Pieces of that demo have survived by the way. The instrumental beginning I have recorded in the bedroom of Roy Z, producer of my solo records

*Are the interests of the band always more important than the ones of your solo career?

No, if I could keep it for myself -that's mine,, mine, mine!-, it wouldn't have been a problem at all. At the end, it is my song. By the way, I am still planning to use my version on my next solo album. This way, the audience can compare both versions.

Well yes, Steve wanted the song to be longer and thus Bruce wrote one extra verse. Looking forward to his interpretation.

Back