ICED EARTH ALBUMS SURVIVOR 2014: Results -> Night Of The Stormrider wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
SURVIVOR_RULES_011.jpg

It's time for the mandatory album Survivor!

Last edited:
Glorious Burden (Gettysburg doesn't save it), Framing Armageddon, Crucible of Man.

And yeah the farces have already begun in this survivor. :rolleyes:

NOTE: my votes in no way reflect the quality of the songs. If Days of Purgatory were an option, it would be in my top 4. I'm voting on the albums as recorded. As an album, Iced Earth sounds like garbage to me because the lead singer is awful. Night of the Stormrider has a better singer, but the recordings on those first two albums do not do the songs justice. Barlow does that.

'Night of the Stormrider' is a great album and Iced Earth's best. Metal doesn't always need a great vocalist to sound great.

Tell that any screamo-metal band. Of course, they all lose in having real feeling in their music. Sure, you get pumped and it sounds awesome. But no metal band except a select few make me feel that they actually put time and work into their material. Iced Earth however, is NOT one of these select few.

Metal doesn't always need a great vocalist to sound great.

Without getting into another ridiculous "vocals vs. instruments" discussion, I'll just say: I could not disagree with you more.

Tell that any screamo-metal band. Of course, they all lose in having real feeling in their music. Sure, you get pumped and it sounds awesome. But no metal band except a select few make me feel that they actually put time and work into their material. Iced Earth however, is NOT one of these select few.

I literally have no idea what you're saying here.

Why discount the work of an entire group when you don't enjoy the performance of one member? If I wrote off albums/bands because I didn't like the singer (or guitarist or any other member), I would be seriously limiting the amount of music I listen to.

Without getting into another ridiculous "vocals vs. instruments" discussion, I'll just say: I could not disagree with you more.

I literally have no idea what you're saying here.
James LaBrie, average vocalist. Dream Theater sound great.
James Hetfield, terrible vocalist. Metallica sound great.
Dave Mustaine, can't sing. Megadeth sound great.
Chuck Billy, can't sing. Testament sound great.
Max Cavalera, can't sing. Sepultura sounded great.

Lawyered.

Why discount the work of an entire group when you don't enjoy the performance of one member? If I wrote off albums/bands because I didn't like the singer (or guitarist or any other member), I would be seriously limiting the amount of music I listen to.

If I do not like a singer, I do not listen to a band. It's as simple as that. I find no point in wasting my time listening to a band with a vocalist I do not like, I'd be trying to enjoy something while actively trying to ignore something else. Doesn't make any sense to me. I realize I am a complete minority with this opinion, but oh well, vocals are the main thing I hear in any band. That's how I listen to music.

James LaBrie, average vocalist. Dream Theater sound great.
James Hetfield, terrible vocalist. Metallica sound great.
Dave Mustaine, can't sing. Megadeth sound great.
Chuck Billy, can't sing. Testament sound great.
Max Cavalera, can't sing. Sepultura sounded great.

Lawyered.

The difference is: those singers perfectly fit the music of those bands. With Iced Earth's early albums, both through deduction and literal evidence from the band leader, the music is clearly demanding a certain vocal sound that the singers are incapable of delivering. Jon Schaffer agrees with me. Lawyered.

Excellent to see Crucible doing better than Framing. It took some years but now the majority out here agrees with me. :--P

Back