How To Record Guitar?

THESEVENTHMARINER

Ancient Mariner
Right, I'm new to guitars, I've only been playing about a year, and I've only just recently got my first decent set up.

My head is filled with ideas that I want to record, but I have no way to do it. So I'm looking for a cheap way to record my guitar from my amp, with my multi effects unit, onto my computer.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could do this?

Cheers!

:)

Last edited:
A couple different ways you can do it. Some multi effects units have usb ports that go into the computer, you could use that. What kind of amp are using? Some of those have line ins you could use and all that could be done with a cheap cable. You could also record your guitar directly into your computer using a cable going from the guitar straight into the mic jack.

The multi effects unit I'm using, the Zoom G1on, does have a USB port, but I don't how I can use that for recording as I can't find any information about it. I'm using an Orange Crush CR12, which doesn't have a line in, from my knowledge.

I'm a complete novice when it comes to these things, so forgive me!

:)

Ah great! I did some research on the Orange amp and it says there's a headphones jack. You should be able to plug that into the mic jack on your computer and pick up the signal from there. As for the Zoom G10n, if you plug the usb into your computer it should work. You want to download audacity, it's free and easy to use. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

You can find lots of tutorials on how to use it, including recording guitar.

No problem! Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Back