How many plays of the new album?

A

Anonymous

I'll be honest here... I haven't listened to anything else for the past couple of days. Driving, walking, coding, even while watching television... AMOLAD has been playing. I must be over 30 listens so far and it just keeps getting better.

Sorry I have been posting a lot lately, but this album has me so psyched. Also, I was in the hospital twice for surgeries this whole time, and this album has a special meaning for me (besides being so freaking good).

Too many to remember...

Definetely 2006 album of the year and I strongly doubt anything can knock it off particularly now Mustaine has delayed the next Megadeth until 2007 which for me was Maiden's only threat ;)  Surely no-one should be bothered by your posts?  It's healthy too be psyched about an album, and sounds like 'healthy' is what you need right now ;)

Same here mate.

OK, I listened to the new Blind Guardian and Rhapsody album two or three times.

But mostly at home, in my car... Iron Maiden. It just keeps getting better and better indeed.

I've had it in my ears on my way to and from work for almost two weeks and the travelling time let's me hear it completely through 3 times a day. It's also in my car and in the cd player at home. What I really love about AMOLAD is that for every listen it seems a new favourite song emerges. I've never experienced that before. No fillers, no songs that I skip, it's just a genuinely great album from the first note to the last. I'm impressed and I can't wait 'til November 20th. I want to hear the songs live!!! All of them!!!

Anomica said:
I've had it in my ears on my way to and from work for almost two weeks and the travelling time let's me hear it completely through 3 times a day. It's also in my car and in the cd player at home. What I really love about AMOLAD is that for every listen it seems a new favourite song emerges. I've never experienced that before. No fillers, no songs that I skip, it's just a genuinely great album from the first note to the last. I'm impressed and I can't wait 'til November 20th. I want to hear the songs live!!! All of them!!!
No fillers, indeed!

I believe this is their best work along with Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

Dickinson mentioned in an interview that they are thinking of playing the entire album live. But I'm sceptical about it. I think these songs will be left out: 'The Legacy', 'Lord of Light', 'The Pilgrim', 'Out of the Shadows'.

Lazo said:
I think these songs will be left out: 'The Legacy', 'Lord of Light', 'The Pilgrim', 'Out of the Shadows'.
I would be extremely disappointed if they left out The Legacy: after BTATS, this is arguably the best track on the disc. Personally, I could live without The Longest Day, but I have a feeling they'll play that one back to back with Paschendale.

First Son of a Second Son said:
I would be extremely disappointed if they left out The Legacy: after BTATS, this is arguably the best track on the disc. Personally, I could live without The Longest Day, but I have a feeling they'll play that one back to back with Paschendale.
Well, it's just a hunch :)

They'll play 'The Longest Day', 100%.

They had some problems with 'Out of the Shadows' while performing live in studio, right?

Lazo said:
I believe this is their best work along with Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.
:eek: :eek: SiT is the only post-TNOTB album I never listen to, since I don't like it. I also can't understand the thing about SSOASS - some great songs, but some low marks on it as well, IMHO. To me, Powerslave and PoM set the standard and they didn't even come near until BNW. AMOLAD right now is their best ever in my opinion, but I'll get back to you in 20+ years to see if it's still up there :D

Lazo said:
Dickinson mentioned in an interview that they are thinking of playing the entire album live. But I'm sceptical about it. I think these songs will be left out: 'The Legacy', 'Lord of Light', 'The Pilgrim', 'Out of the Shadows'.
No, no, no, no :(. The Legacy and Lord of Light are two of my favourites of the album, along with 7-8 others, but still :p LoL is one of the best of the album, although it took a few listens to get me there. If I have to pick 2 songs that I can manage without seeing live it'll be FTGGOG and The Pilgrim.

I have listened to the album about fifteen or sixteen times.  I don't see the point in playing it every waking minute of every waking hour, simply as that may wear out the album for me.  I prefer to mix up what I am listening to, not just Maiden 100% of the time ;)

I removed AMOLAD from my mp3 and put on TXF and VXI instead and realised after a few listens that those two albums aren't bad at all. They sound differently from the Bruce albums, but they're actuallly really great. It's always fun to find new music to like even when you grow older :p ;)

About 9-10.
It's amazing how much this album grows on you after a few listens.
Didn't like that much at first, but every time i listen to it, i like something more (the same thing happened with TROBB). Right now i'm enjoying AMOLAD more than i've enjoyed an IM album in years.

Well, I've listened to it more times than I can count, but I don't usually play it a second time after I went through it - instead I play something totally different, non-metal, to calm down from Maiden's masterpiece ;) This approach actually stretches out the "new" feeling for the album as I get out of it and back in on my next listen, like, "wow, I'm fed up listening to stuff I know, let's play that brand new Maiden record again!" Works quite well for me. The album is very heavy and deep, and it would be a little hard to listen to it ALL day. But that's no criticism at all. It's amazing!

I've listened non stop since it's release, 5 days ago. I thought it was a decent, solid album at first. After a few more listens I started to realize how great this album is. Once the songs sink in they are amazing. I don't know if it's the novelty of a new Maiden Album or what, but I have a feeling this will go down as on of their Best albums. It's definately in my top 5. I guess we'll have to see how it holds up after a few months when I can really put it in perspective.

8 or so times. It wasn't as big of a grower for me as it was for most other people. After the third listen my thoughts on the album were pretty much cemented.

Anomica said:
:eek: :eek: SiT is the only post-TNOTB album I never listen to, since I don't like it. I also can't understand the thing about SSOASS - some great songs, but some low marks on it as well, IMHO. To me, Powerslave and PoM set the standard and they didn't even come near until BNW. AMOLAD right now is their best ever in my opinion, but I'll get back to you in 20+ years to see if it's still up there :D
A matter of taste I guess, mate! :)

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is my all-time favourite album :)

All Maiden albums - from Iron Maiden to Powerslave are fantastic, but I think they reached their absolute peak with that progressive touch they added to their music back in the '86.

No, no, no, no :(. The Legacy and Lord of Light are two of my favourites of the album, along with 7-8 others, but still :p LoL is one of the best of the album, although it took a few listens to get me there. If I have to pick 2 songs that I can manage without seeing live it'll be FTGGOG and The Pilgrim.
I just put in my 2 cents what I think which songs will be left out.

They'll definitely play the first three, they also said it in Kerrang! when album's preview was published. They won't leave out 'The Longest Day' which will do great live. 'For the Greater Good of God', another Harris classic with great celtic-singalong chorus, in the same vein as 'The Clansman', won't be left out. And then 'The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg'... not sure about this one, but I think I read somewhere they'll play it.

A Matter of Life and Death is a spectacular album and I'd like to see them play the whole album live. It's almost impossible to pick just one favourite here.

I'm also a big fan of 'Lord of Light', which is outstanding!

Overall I have probably listened to it about 40 or so times, although some songs I have listened to more than others.

Back