How many of you are actually musicians?

A

Anonymous

How many members in the Maidenfans.com forum are actually musicians?

[!--QuoteBegin-7thSon_ofa_7thSon+Jul 1 2005, 06:06 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(7thSon_ofa_7thSon @ Jul 1 2005, 06:06 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]How many members in the Maidenfans.com forum are actually musicians?
[snapback]110770[/snapback]​
[/quote]

i dont know how many there are, but im certainly one of them [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
i play the bass, drums
yourself?

I'm pretty good with all brass instruments, but when it comes to real instruments [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] i'm learning how to play rhythm guitar

I'm mainly a guitarist, but I can play several more instruments.

and remember kids....

...there's a big difference between a musician and a drummer! [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I play bass and sing lead vocal for Supergenius. You can check out [a href=\'http://www.sinisterministerx.net/supergenius/\' target=\'_blank\']our webpage[/a], which hasn't been updated in almost a year (I really should do that soon). The webpage contains some recordings of my band - I recommend you listen to [a href=\'http://www.sinisterministerx.net/supergenius/losing.php\' target=\'_blank\']Losing My Mind[/a].

I also play guitar, piano, drums and string bass, but none of those very frequently.

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Jul 2 2005, 12:49 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Jul 2 2005, 12:49 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I also play guitar, piano, drums and string bass, but none of those very frequently.
[snapback]110794[/snapback]​
[/quote]
How about cowbell? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Now how many of you actually started in like a highschool music setting? I think my appreciation of music is really amplified by having been in a highschool band & understanding music technically

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jul 1 2005, 05:34 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jul 1 2005, 05:34 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]How about cowbell?  [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]110796[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Yes, given a cowbell and a drumstick, I can play MORE COWBELL!

[!--QuoteBegin-7thSon_ofa_7thSon+Jul 1 2005, 09:14 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(7thSon_ofa_7thSon @ Jul 1 2005, 09:14 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Now how many of you actually started in like a highschool music setting? I think my appreciation of music is really amplified by having been in a highschool band & understanding music technically
[snapback]110802[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I started learning music at age 9 in 1980, and my formal training continued for another 11 years. I completed most of a music degree, before flunking out of the conservatory because I spent all my time playing in bars and/or stoned. Formal training is always good, but not necessarily essential.

[!--QuoteBegin-Scream for me Stockholm+Jul 1 2005, 07:42 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Scream for me Stockholm @ Jul 1 2005, 07:42 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]...there's a big difference between a musician and a drummer!  [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]110778[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I'm a drummer, do not see why that would make me any less of a musician than one who plays guitar [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--] (I understand it was a joke, but I just don't get the point [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--])

But that is no problem for me because play guitar and bass aswell [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm a bassplayer in two bands. One is called Axis of Evil, which started out as a coverband about 2 years ago and is now slowly changing to a "real" band with mainly originals.
Then there's Losfer Words... guess what kind of band that one is [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I also play a bit of guitar, mainly for songwriting purposes, and some people claim that I could be a good singer, but I doubt that [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I play guitar. I am no expert. I have only been playing seriously for 1 year. I can play Wrathchild, Blood brothers, Be quick or be dead, The trooper, Dream of mirrors and quite a few others from maiden, metallica, kiss, priest, scorpions, velvet revolver, slayer....

I play guitar... Practice when I feel like it. I want to join a band, but having trouble finding one. My guitaring has progressed a lot over the last year. My main inspiration is Yngwie Malmsteen

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Jul 1 2005, 11:39 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Jul 1 2005, 11:39 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I started learning music at age 9 in 1980, and my formal training continued for another 11 years. I completed most of a music degree, before flunking out of the conservatory because I spent all my time playing in bars and/or stoned. Formal training is always good, but not necessarily essential.
[snapback]110806[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I stared very young (9) playing with my grandpa... but in highschool.. I stared playing IM music and everything hard and heavy.... and of course i joined a Highschool band and play and drink like crazy....we put a CD together and now I just remember the good old times......

played drums since I was 8, taught myself to play guitar around age 14, and now play bass in my band, [a href=\'http://www.hprecords.dk/e107_plugins/custompages/immergeil3.php\' target=\'_blank\']Immergeil[/a] (Site is in Danish, but you'll be able to download the mp3s)

Back