How did they feel?

A

Anonymous

Browsing the tour dates on the Commentary today, a couple of questions popped into my head:

-What did Bruce think when he said "Scream for me Hiroshima"? (Maiden played the city in 1987 and 1992)
-Did Maiden even consider waving the Union Jack in Argentina during "The Trooper"? (They didn't in 2004)
-Is the absence of "The Trooper" on the [a href=\'http://www.maidenfans.com/imc/?url=1993-06-04&lang=eng&link=bootlegs\' target=\'_blank\']Moscow '93[/a] a mistake or coincidental?
-Didn't they feel a bit uncomfortable by playing "Afraid To Shoot Strangers" in Israel? Remember, Israel was attacked by Iraqi missiles during the Gulf War.

Anyone got further questions like this?

Added to that, do they play "Tailgunner" in Germany?

Do they play "The Clansman" in England?

I should hope Iron Maiden isn't afraid of being politically correct....from what I know, they aren't the kind of people who put up with shit like that.

And they played The Trooper in Dublin, complete with waving the Union Jack.

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Dec 5 2004, 07:44 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Dec 5 2004, 07:44 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Browsing the tour dates on the Commentary today, a couple of questions popped into my head:

-What did Bruce think when he said "Scream for me Hiroshima"? (Maiden played the city in 1987 and 1992)
-Did Maiden even consider waving the Union Jack in Argentina during "The Trooper"? (They didn't in 2004)
-Is the absence of "The Trooper" on the [a href=\'http://www.maidenfans.com/imc/?url=1993-06-04&lang=eng&link=bootlegs\' target=\'_blank\']Moscow '93[/a] a mistake or coincidental?
-Didn't they feel a bit uncomfortable by playing "Afraid To Shoot Strangers" in Israel? Remember, Israel was attacked by Iraqi missiles during the Gulf War.

Anyone got further questions like this?
[snapback]92915[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Hi mate,
They didnt show the union jack in 1992, first ever maiden gig in Argentina.
about clansman in England...they played that song in Donintong..( and Brixton)

On Rock In Rio there's no cross on 'Sign of the Cross' - with Bruce on it, behind the drums. I think it's because Brazilians are very religious people.

Was it the same thing in other countries ? Wich ones ?

[!--QuoteBegin-Lib+Dec 13 2004, 06:08 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Lib @ Dec 13 2004, 06:08 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]On Rock In Rio there's no cross on 'Sign of the Cross' - with Bruce on it, behind the drums. I think it's because Brazilians are very religious people.

Was it the same thing in other countries ? Wich ones ?
[snapback]93506[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Sorry for bringing this back to life, but that´s not true.

Yes there are lots of religious people down here but on any bootleg of the concert you listen, during the gregorian choir intro, you can hear very clearly the sound of something being broken and some desperate screams after

In my opnion, something got wrong with the cross device just at the moment.

Has Bruce "left" the stage during the long instrumental part of Sign of The Cross on the other shows ??? If not, possibly, this can indicate that the crew were trying to fix the cross device and use it, AT LEAST, during the instrumental part...

Hell, there's plenty of songs you wouldn't want to play in Germany. Although most Germans, even those who fought in the war, would appreciate the bravery of their enemies and as such not be offended by songs like 'Aces High' and 'Run Silent, Run Deep', which deal with the war from the individual's point of view, with little reference to the atrocities against their country.

More importantly-do they play Iron Maiden in Nuremberg (if they've ever been there)?????
Ahhh, I can imagine it now....
Bruce: Scream for me Nuremberg! Scream for me Nuremberg! The Iron Maiden
*the crowd stops. They fall silent. Some shift uneasily and look at the place where Nuremberg castle once stood. One takes out a picture of the Iron Maiden, with 'lost forever' scrawled over it, and start's crying*
Hope I haven't offended any Nurembergouis [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back on topic (a bit), have they ever played invaders in scandinavia? Oh wait, they never played that live (damnit). Ummm....no can't think of any [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Silky+Jan 11 2006, 10:46 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Jan 11 2006, 10:46 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]More importantly-do they play Iron Maiden in Nuremberg (if they've ever been there)?????
[snapback]126806[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Of course. They've done it quite a few times actually.

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Dec 5 2004, 07:44 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Dec 5 2004, 07:44 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Browsing the tour dates on the Commentary today, a couple of questions popped into my head:

-Did Maiden even consider waving the Union Jack in Argentina during "The
Trooper"? (They didn't in 2004)
[/quote]

They did wave it during the Brave New World tour if my memory serves me well. I remember Bruce was angry about the public's reaction.

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Dec 5 2004, 07:44 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Dec 5 2004, 07:44 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]-Is the absence of "The Trooper" on the [a href=\'http://www.maidenfans.com/imc/?url=1993-06-04&lang=eng&link=bootlegs\' target=\'_blank\']Moscow '93[/a] a mistake or coincidental?
[/quote]

Now THIS is interesting man [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I was recently thinking about all Maiden songs that were never taken off the setlist, since they were introduced for the first time.

I had made this list:
-Iron Maiden
-Hallowed Be Thy Name
-The Number Of The Beast
-The Trooper

Seems I can erase The Trooper. Are you 100% sure it was not played in Moscow?

Thanks for the interesting info! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Last post was mine (unregistered again :/ )

I just checked the bootleg cover: indeed amazing!

I guess it's not new for most people but just in case: There was no Churchill's speech intro in Germany during the Live After Death tour.

Following question:
Did this intro return in Germany in 1999?

[!--QuoteBegin-Guest+Jan 12 2006, 05:29 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Guest @ Jan 12 2006, 05:29 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]-The Trooper
[snapback]126832[/snapback]​
[/quote]

In fact, The Trooper wasn't played on the SIT tour.

[!--QuoteBegin-Conor+Jan 12 2006, 08:48 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Jan 12 2006, 08:48 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]They learned their lesson however, as when they came back in 2005, Bruce didn't wave the flag.  Afterwards he gave a rant about how true fans don't really care about politics in music.  I was there [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] In that same concert Bruce did a small roundition of "Rule Britania" and boos were heard everywhere [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Talk about tongue-in-cheek [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]126861[/snapback]​
[/quote]

They learned their lesson in 2004 in Argentina as well. They really did it on the BNW tour, and after that no more. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

@Perun: I am deeply ashamed for not knowing or forgetting that Maiden didn't play The Trooper in 1986 and 1987. Still I find it amazing, since it was played on all other tours!

Thanks!

There is no problem that I know of IM playing Run to the Hills in the States. Remember that Native Americans are under 2% of the total US population of 280 million or so.

Anyways the song takes both sides of the story. The Native American and the European.

[!--quoteo(post=126833:date=Jan 12 2006, 04:32 PM:name=Forostar)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Forostar @ Jan 12 2006, 04:32 PM) [snapback]126833[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I guess it's not new for most people but just in case: There was no Churchill's speech intro in Germany during the Live After Death tour.
Following question:
Did this intro return in Germany in 1999?
[/quote]

Yes, the intro was definitely used on the Ed Hunter Tour.

And speaking as a german: I am not in the slightest offended by songs like Aces High, Tailgunner and Paschendale.

Back