How did I get here?

LooseCannon

Enterprise-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
So, this is a question I asked in the chat, and I thought I'd pose it here.

How did you get here? How did you find maidenfans.com?

This is the best forum community ever, and I am so proud to be a part of it, and I'm wondering how you managed to get yourself caught up with our crazyness.

Myself? For those of you who don't know, www.ironmaidencommentary.com used to be hosted on Maidenfans. I used to read the Commentary incessantly, and eventually I clicked through to the "post on the forum" link. I signed up but didn't post much for a couple months. I came back in the summer and I've been stuck ever since!

I was a regular poster on the Ultimate Metal Symphony X forum and, well, it got really, really boring and slow. A couple months later I started listening to Maiden again, found the commentary, found the forum, and the rest is history!

I did a big Google search and found Maiden Fans United. They were a miserable bunch who by and large hated Maiden. Oh and they hated everyone else too. I did find the front page of Maidenfans.com early in 2012, but thought, since it looked quite out of date, the forum would be dead. I looked again later that year.

Used to post on the free forum on the Maiden site until it got taken down, found this place when looking for a new Maiden forum to visit. Very glad that I did!

My experience was the same, IIRC. This happened right around the release of AMOLAD.

Pretty much me too. I don't think I ever clicked on the forum until the lead-up to the Final Frontier.
To be honest, I think it was the first internet forum I ever posted on.

Last edited:
Similar story. I found the Commentary when searching for Maiden stuff, and eventually made my way to this forum.

I think my first post was saying that I didn't like the newly unveiled Dance of Death cover.

I think I was searching the setlist for the Maiden England 2012 tour.. Not sure though..

Mine is similar to Brig. I found MaidenFansUnited first and I quickly discovered what a bunch of jerks they were. I found this forum and lurked around a bit before deciding to join and here I am.

I used to read Iron Maiden Commentary years before I found maidenfans. I lurked the official forum for a few months, then it went down; afterwards I lurked this forum (for TFF info); only registered 'cause I wanted the TFF download links :p Few months I opened the forum again, saw Survivors and was instantly hooked to them and the forum :D

I came here looking for the AMOLAD setlist. I was taking my son and wanted to be ready for whatever they were playing. So, I'm a spoiler fan from way back!

One of my first posts was about 'Doctor,Doctor' being played before the concert. I didn't post much at first; I think I was intimidated by 'he who must not be named' (been a while since I've even seen that name). It took me almost a year to really start posting, so probably around 2007 fall/winter??

I don't remember very well but i do remember reading the Commentary way way back in time, somewhere like between the early days (1998-2001), when the net was slow and rare (of course i used computers from others with net connections :p) and i wanted to learn more about Maiden.

So reading this Forum was the next step. I remember when there were several subforums with many other languages. I registered in 2006 or 2007 ! Not in 2009... that was my 2nd registry after the Forum's update.

Via the commentary as well. Really great info. That and I am not a big fan of the official FC forum

Back