Historical Figures 20 Questions

I'll be offline for quite a while starting tomorrow, so someone else will have to take over this very intense game ;)

Bah. Okay, was he a politician? Let's get it done before you go-go.

Where are you off to?

LooseCannon said:
Where are you off to?

The USA. I'm going hiking in canyons and other places.

I'm afraid I don't have time to finish this tonight. My alarm clock will go off in a couple of hours and I need to get some sleep. See you in a few weeks!

Shadow said:
The USA. I'm going hiking in canyons and other places.

Sweet, have fun. My unsolicited advice for hiking canyons, which is very different than hiking hills or mountains: turn around well before you get tired.  If you are even a little tired before you begin the uphill return journey, you're cooked. This happened to me at the Grand Canyon.  When I started down, it was a majestic wonder of natural beauty. When I was about an hour from completing the ascent, it had become "this fucking hole" (as in, "I can't wait to get out of this fucking hole").  Still a memorable experience, glad I did it, can't wait to take my kids when they get older.  Is that one of the places you're visiting?

´
cornfedhick said:
Sweet, have fun. My unsolicited advice for hiking canyons, which is very different than hiking hills or mountains: turn around well before you get tired.  If you are even a little tired before you begin the uphill return journey, you're cooked. This happened to me at the Grand Canyon.  When I started down, it was a majestic wonder of natural beauty. When I was about an hour from completing the ascent, it had become "this fucking hole" (as in, "I can't wait to get out of this fucking hole").  Still a memorable experience, glad I did it, can't wait to take my kids when they get older.   Is that one of the places you're visiting?

I made it all the way down the Grand Canyon, stayed the night at the bottom and then hiked back up the next day. The main difficulty is the heat, really. You want to make it back up before noon or you'll fry.

And since nobody has posted....

LooseCannon said:
... was he a politician?

4. No. Politically active, but known for something else.

Shadow said:
You want to make it back up before noon or you'll fry.

Ha! Tourist! Trust me, after a year in AZ heat, you get used to it :)

Was the person known for dipping his pen in the company ink?

The human being can't get used to everything except not eating... And no it wasn't a serious question, but I figured if I was going to temporarily derail the thread I could at least pretend to participate :)

Hmm. I had completely forgotten about this thread. Sorry about that. But since I remember who I picked, we can resume...

LooseCannon said:
Was this person known for something to do with science?

5. Yes.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Was this person a black private dick who's a sex machine to all the chicks?

5b. No.

Dammit. All right then ... was this person sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit, only to promptly escape from a maximum-security stockade to the Los Angeles underground? :innocent:

So, European known for science who was politically active.

Was this person from Scandinavia?

LooseCannon said:
So, European known for science who was politically active.

Was this person from Scandinavia?

6. No, this person was not from Scandinavia.

Black_Thunder said:
Was this person from the Balkans?

7. No, this person was not from the Balkans.

Back