Hi all, I have a few things some of you may be interested in.

Ardius

Trooper
Greetings. I run three fanpages on myspace for Adrian Smith's side projects with the intention of just allowing people to hear this great music that has been (almost) lost and forgotten.
Psycho Motel - www.myspace.com/psychomotel
ASAP - www.myspace.com/adriansmithproject
The Untouchables - www.myspace.com/adrianstheuntouchables
Enjoy!
If anyone has the B'sides for the ASAP singles, i would really appreciate them!
Im also searching everywhere for the cover of Thin Lizzy's "Massacre"..........

Interesting pages. Thanks for posting these links.

However, I have a question. On your ASAP page, you claim that the recording of "Reach Out" from the Wasted Years single is not Maiden - it's H, Nicko, Bruce and some guys from Urchin. Now, I know that the song was co-written by one of H's old friends, but I had always thought the recording on the single was Maiden (with H on lead vocals). Are you sure you're right about this? The Commentary says nothing about non-Maiden members on the recording.

The Rod Smallwood quote strongly suggests that it was re-recorded by Maiden.  This would explain why Bruce is present as backup vocals.

If you couldn't see this coming a mile away ... welcome to Maidenfans, newbie!

Adrian Smith can make M&Ms melt in his hands.
Adrian Smith once took a bottle of root beer and separated the ingredients, thus inventing both roots and beer.
Adrian Smith can draw a perfectly accurate map of the Panama Canal in under four seconds.
Adrian Smith never sweats.
Adrian Smith killed Dumbledore.
Adrian Smith built Antarctica as a place for him to obtain ice cubes.
Adrian Smith is the ancient Egyptian god of death.
Adrian Smith sent The Holy Mullet to explore the Great Red Spot on Jupiter.
Adrian Smith only eats meals prepared by his Klingon butler.
Adrian Smith can turn grapes into wine with a glance.
Adrian Smith taught Dave Mustaine how to play guitar.
Adrian Smith then slapped Mustaine so hard that Mustaine forgot how to play guitar.
Adrian Smith then taught Dave Mustaine how to play guitar all over again.
Adrian Smith played drums on Virtual XI.
Adrian Smith knows what really happened to He Who Must Not Be Named.
Adrian Smith has a hallucinogenic effect on all who see him.
Adrian Smith owns a deaf leopard, a lead zeppelin and a limp biscuit.
Adrian Smith can see the ultraviolet spectrum.
Adrian Smith programmed the first version of Quake.
Adrian Smith is composed of five elements: earth, air, fire, water and awesome.
Adrian Smith is sure all that glitters is gold and he's buying a stairway to heaven.

Adrian Smith fought simultaneously for the Confederacy and for the Union.
Adrian Smith transforms and rolls out.
Adrian Smith has a scar that is a perfect map of the London Underground.
Adrian Smith is a master of the bat'leth, which he considers to be the weapon closest to the guitar.
Toupees shrivel up and die when Adrian Smith approaches.
Adrian Smith once invented a computer then left it in Steve Jobs's backyard.
Adrian Smith is touch sensitive.
Adrian Smith can zoom in 400,000x.
Adrian Smith produces energy by fusing hydrogen into helium.  In 4 billion years when he runs out of hydrogen and begins fusing hydrogen, Adrian Smith will expand to 50x his current size.
Adrian Smith welcomes all noobies with prophecies from his Chosen.
Adrian Smith smites all Yaxies with poisoned pies.
Adrian Smith is a majority shareholder in Apple and Microsoft.
Adrian Smith would successfully manage universal health care.
Adrian Smith is a registered Independent.
Adrian Smith writes for Keith Olbermann.
Adrian Smith set all the records at the 1936 Olympics, to the great fury of the Fuhrer.
Adrian Smith can do no wrong.

Adrian Smith never sleeps. He just rests his eyelids.
Adrian Smith has been to Turfan.
Adrian Smith threw a stone in Roswell in 1947.
Adrian Smith had the choice between joining the Vikings and joining the Anglo-Saxons. He smashed both.
Adrian Smith thinks Pluto is a planet.
Adrian Smith knows the Secret of Monkey Island.
Adrian Smith forgot all about Macchu Picchu and then remembered, which led to its re-discovery.
Adrian Smith thinks the "Lord Of The Rings" movies are a nice start.
Adrian Smith makes Alexander the Great look like a stay-at-home.
Adrian Smith carved the Mariana Trench.
Adrian Smith can split Atoms with his eyelashes.
Adrian Smith can reanimate a Supernova.
Adrian Smith does not know ANYTHING about Paris Hilton.
Adrian Smith climbed up the Olympus Mons.
Adrian Smith comes from the Olduvai Gorge.
Adrian Smith makes the Berserker raid look like an afternoon walk.
Before you die, you see Adrian Smith.

Adrian Smith sees in umami
Adrian Smith pisses silver and gold
Adrian Smith has a bank account number of AWESOME
Adrian Smith shows them no fear, shows them no pain
Adrian Smith introduced Dave Mustaine and James Hetfield together.
He then introduced them both to alcohol
Adrian Smith isn't scared by the Angel of Death.  He beat him in an arm-wrestling competition in 1546, and the guy was too scared to come back.
Adrian Smith dances with Death.  Specifically, he tangos with him.
Adrian Smith's keyboard can circle the globe twice
Adrian Smith cried after watching Casablanca recently.  The result? Widespread flooding.
Adrian Smith killed Bambi's mother.  The gunshot you hear is actually his foot going through her head.
Babies cry upon entering this world, because they know they have entered a world with Adrian Smith.
Adrian Smith visited Jesus at birth, and gave him a place in his band.  The guy never took it up.
Adrian Smith laughs at the protest over the images of the Prophet Mohammed in a Danish newspaper.  Adrian Smith has 1000s of photos taken with the guy in his house.
Adrian Smith carved Petra with his bare hands.
Since he also built Macchu Picchu, he decided to twin them together.
Adrian Smith will wait for you at the inn of the Prancing Pony.
Adrian Smith can mind-meld.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Interesting pages. Thanks for posting these links.

However, I have a question. On your ASAP page, you claim that the recording of "Reach Out" from the Wasted Years single is not Maiden - it's H, Nicko, Bruce and some guys from Urchin. Now, I know that the song was co-written by one of H's old friends, but I had always thought the recording on the single was Maiden (with H on lead vocals). Are you sure you're right about this? The Commentary says nothing about non-Maiden members on the recording.

Well, theres a lot of unsurity around it, maybe that recording was just Maiden and the live bootlegs are Adrians friends, the wikipedia entry suggests that and Ive read other sources which suggest its mostly Urchin.
Hmm, Ill just take that part out of the bio, until something about it is confirmed.

Let's not make it more complicated than it is:

Is it on a Maiden release, thus it's recorded by Maiden. It honestly can't be more logical than this.

Of course there is a difference between the live performance (Smith, McBrain and friends) of 1985 and the Iron Maiden studio B-sides of 1986. These are two different occasions and two different line-ups, which should not be mixed-up.

Better check the Maiden Commentary if you want good info and not the Maiden wiki, if that's where the ideas came from.

By the way, nice myspace sites!
Did you need to get permission of Adrian (or the record company) to get the songs online?

Forostar said:
Let's not make it more complicated than it is:

Is it on a Maiden release, thus it's recorded by Maiden. It honestly can't be more logical than this.

Of course there is a difference between the live performance (Smith, McBrain and friends) of 1985 and the Iron Maiden studio B-sides of 1986. These are two different occasions and two different line-ups, which should not be mixed-up.

Better check the Maiden Commentary if you want good info and not the Maiden wiki, if that's where the ideas came from.

By the way, nice myspace sites!
Did you need to get permission of Adrian (or the record company) to get the songs online?

Yes, I am most foolish for not basing my facts more on the Commentary. It wasnt all from wikipedia, I did search down some of these facts (such as the one about it being Urchin playing live earlier).

Well, lets just say that I havent got permission......(though, it does say on myspace that you "need" to have the rights to the music....but I took that as referring in case you posted the songs for download, which is entirely optional)......but I didnt post them for download. I felt that it would be more benficial surely to the record company if people could hear the songs first before deciding, seeing as most people I have talked to about it have either never heard of the projects, or have but never heard the songs and so never bothered to look for the CDs.
I had never heard of either till I started rooting around on the internet after seeing Adrian play small parts of two songs from Psycho Motel on this video:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9wItsn3r_kc
I then bought the 2 Psycho Motel CDs and had the idea of making a fanpage on myspace so other people could hear this music, because, at the time, I felt that almost no-one knew about it, although now I realise that there is a large community that does.
The ASAP page is extremely recent and I only did that one because so many people started asking me about it.

I did make it clear on those pages that I was not the real band, and that it was a fanpage. Just trying to get some more attention on this relatively unknown material to give it a second chance because I think its awesome and Adrian should get more recognition for it.

Also, Andy Makin, the second singer for Psycho Motel, added my page and I take that as a sort of "seal of approval", rofl.
If they decided to terminate the pages, I wouldnt be an arse and set them up again, but seeing as noone from the record company or myspace has questioned it yet, Im assuming its still alright.

Ardius said:
Yes, I am most foolish for not basing my facts more on the Commentary. It wasnt all from wikipedia, I did search down some of these facts (such as the one about it being Urchin playing live earlier).

Well, lets just say that I havent got permission......(though, it does say on myspace that you "need" to have the rights to the music....but I took that as referring in case you posted the songs for download, which is entirely optional)......but I didnt post them for download. I felt that it would be more benficial surely to the record company if people could hear the songs first before deciding, seeing as most people I have talked to about it have either never heard of the projects, or have but never heard the songs and so never bothered to look for the CDs.
I had never heard of either till I started rooting around on the internet after seeing Adrian play small parts of two songs from Psycho Motel on this video:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9wItsn3r_kc
I then bought the 2 Psycho Motel CDs and had the idea of making a fanpage on myspace so other people could hear this music, because, at the time, I felt that almost no-one knew about it, although now I realise that there is a large community that does.
The ASAP page is extremely recent and I only did that one because so many people started asking me about it.

I did make it clear on those pages that I was not the real band, and that it was a fanpage. Just trying to get some more attention on this relatively unknown material to give it a second chance because I think its awesome and Adrian should get more recognition for it.

Also, Andy Makin, the second singer for Psycho Motel, added my page and I take that as a sort of "seal of approval", rofl.
If they decided to terminate the pages, I wouldnt be an arse and set them up again, but seeing as noone from the record company or myspace has questioned it yet, Im assuming its still alright.

Thanks for the info. I support your initiative. I bought the Psycho Records albums when they came out at the time (though the second took longer since it was Japanese import)! :)

I agree that the music deserves more attention and because the tracks are not downloadable it might not be a problem. Would be handy if H or the record label would be aware of the project though.

I just added you to my myspace-site ;) ( http://www.myspace.com/aad_ironmaiden )

Adrian Smith invented Myspace.
Adrian Smith named his second band after a horror movie he once starred in.
Adrian Smith cannot help but play good music - he cannot comprehend the notion of "bad".
Adrian Smith can fly without a broomstick, thestral, or motorbike.
Adrian Smith won't have a problem hitting the thermal exhaust port.  It's just like bulls-eyeing womp rats in his T16.
The replicant of Adrian Smith exploded after being turned on for 0.3 seconds.
Adrian Smith never wears mismatched socks.
Adrian Smith chose the red pill.
Adrian Smith can fold steel 4000 times to create a katana with his bare hands.
Adrian Smith told Karl Marx he was full of it.
Adrian Smith knows what was in the case - a sammich.

Forostar said:
Thanks for the info. I support your initiative. I bought the Psycho Records albums when they came out at the time (though the second took longer since it was Japanese import)! :)

I agree that the music deserves more attention and because the tracks are not downloadable it might not be a problem. Would be handy if H or the record label would be aware of the project though.

I just added you to my myspace-site ;) ( http://www.myspace.com/aad_ironmaiden )

Hmm, ok, but how exactly do i get in contact with H?
The record labels Im a bit wary of........somehow I get the feeling they would be none too impressed.

Ardius said:
Hmm, ok, but how exactly do i get in contact with H?
The record labels Im a bit wary of........somehow I get the feeling they would be none too impressed.

No clue to be honest. All goes via de official Maiden site or manager Rod Smallwood, but I don't remember his new contact-info since he left Sanctuary.

I might understand you're afraid they will order you to remove the songs?

The Millennium Digital Copyright Act allows you to go ahead and post anything you want on any space - hosted in the USA (like YouTube, MySpace, and Facebook).  However if Myspace is alerted by whoever holds the rights for the song, they are required upon receiving proof to remove anything copyrighted and are not required to warn you.  So basically, this is 100% legal until the rights-holders find out and decide otherwise.

LooseCannon said:
The Millennium Digital Copyright Act allows you to go ahead and post anything you want on any space - hosted in the USA (like YouTube, MySpace, and Facebook).  However if Myspace is alerted by whoever holds the rights for the song, they are required upon receiving proof to remove anything copyrighted and are not required to warn you.  So basically, this is 100% legal until the rights-holders find out and decide otherwise.

Ok, cool, I thought it was something like that but wasnt entirely sure.
Well, seeing as there isnt an official myspace for either of the bands, Im think Im safe to say that it wont happen.

I already knew about them not telling people, because one of my mates ran a Bruce Dickinson page and it got torn down without warning.

Back