Hall of Fame (MEMBERS)

Onhell

Infinite Dreamer
Ok, inspired by sports and current nostalgic talk of "the good ol' days," I thought it'd be nice to honor old members (who's accounts are still active... sorry Connor and Owl :() and have our own little Hall of Fame. The biggest criteria is well, no longer being active. Popping in once every 6mo to a year counts as inactivity. I am also looking at highly active members which usually means about 1,000 posts.  So lets us begin!

Builders:

Baeleron: Baeleron was the original owner/creator/writer of the Iron Maiden Commentary from 1998-2002 or around that time. The pages original name was "Baeleron's Iron Maiden Commentary." While little of his commentary work remains his great rants are still available in said section of the commentary.

Maverick: Maverick, as stated by LC was co-owner of the Commentary and the Boards until recently. He is now sole owner of the Commentary and everything you read on it is mostly his work. I say mostly, because he renamed the commentary to "THE Iron Maiden Commentary," due to the contribution from many of the old-timer members and other members with great commentary and analysis on the songs and Maiden. Before deleting his account he too was upwards of 5,000 posts and notorious for flaming n00bs.

Class of 2010:

The Ancient Mariner: This man is the Wayne Gretzky of our forum. By far the most prolific poster with 10,216 he also started 28 threads and was most active in the Commentary. AM, benefited greatly from the old forum rules when Spam counted towards your posts, but even so, according to the stats he only had 191 post in the madness forum, while also having 175 in General Discussion and  102 in maiden chat.

He amassed all his posts in a span of 4 years! That's 2554 post a year! His last post being in 2006. While no longer posting, he still stops by every now and then.

Shaman: Shaman is 9th in Posting with 2624 and 3rd in Topics created with 184. He was most active in the Maiden News forum with 148, Maiden Chat with 120 and in the Portuguese forum when it still existed. Shaman also "retired" in 2006.

The Saint Though part of the "News Team," current stats only show he posted 20 items in the news forum. The Saint currently sits 10th on Posts with 2,557 and retired in 2007.

SandMaN: SandMaN was the moderator for the Spanish Forum when it was still around posting 672 times there with the Maiden Chat being his second most active place with 246. He retired in 2007 with 2,199 posts.

Eddie's Lil Helper: Eddie's Lil Helper sits at number 1 in Topics started with 762. He's record is safe for now as the second place, Forostar, "only" has 213. He amasses such a number by starting a lot of the discussions in the  News, Metalfans and Tour forums with 634, 211, and 128 posts respectively. He was also the owner of Metal For Life, which got hosted here before it disappeared. And that's why we have those forums here. He retired in 2006 with 1,991 posts.  

When I first started, both The Saint and Ancient Mariner where posting regularly, then it stopped.

The one person who's, shall we say, wisdom, if not his wit (or at least half of it ;)), is missed here is Conor. But his account is deleted.

However, honorary mentions must go to dogigniter, Raven and the Duke.
Edit: I'm short of time to write a little piece on each so if any one wants to say something, be my guest.

Of course. I really should read posts a bit more thoroughly.

I had just realized that Raven has been missing a while. I'd swear he was around last summer, and just 'poof'.

LOL, I wish perun hadn't deleted his account, technically his class of '03... Sneaky is another MIA as well as Kynisk Sokol and Hunlord.

I thought Perun arrived in 2004.

Onhell, you and I joined within days of each other in fall 2003, and I thought Perun didn't show up until the next spring or so.
Onhell said:
Eddie's Lil Helper: Eddie's Lil Helper sits at number 1 in Topics started with 762. He's record is safe for now as the second place, Forostar, "only" has 213. He amasses such a number by starting a lot of the discussions in the  News, Metalfans and Tour forums with 634, 211, and 128 posts respectively. he retired in 2006 with 1,991 posts. 

He was also the owner of Metal For Life, which got hosted here before it disappeared. And that's why we have those forums here.

I also see one glaring omission. You know who I'm talking about.

SinisterMinisterX said:
I thought Perun arrived in 2004.

Onhell, you and I joined within days of each other in fall 2003, and I thought Perun didn't show up until the next spring or so.

I'll take your word for it... I don't recall for sure.

He was also the owner of Metal For Life, which got hosted here before it disappeared. And that's why we have those forums here.

I also see one glaring omission. You know who I'm talking about.

Hmmm, Like I said in my vague standards, the person must have an "active" account, meaning not deleted and with about 1,000 posts give or take. Also I'm considering doing something around the lines of real Hall of Fames where the person has to be inactive for at least three years. That seems to be the coincidental case with the current inductees.

If I failed to mention someone... they are not on the member list anymore, they are still actively posting or have well under 1,000 posts... Feel free to add/suggest folks/stats. I went ahead and added Eddie's extra info, thanks SMX. I am going to do 'honorable mentions" as suggested by Albie come monday along with a new batch of folks.

Onhell said:
Like I said in my vague standards, the person must have an "active" account, meaning not deleted and with about 1,000 posts give or take.

I (mostly) don't want to argue with your standards, but you have to admit that Mav deserves an exception to the rules. He was no "ordinary" member. He was a co-owner of Maidenfans for years, and his Commentary is what drew most of the oldtimers here. His personal style deeply influenced and affected this forum. You know this, you were here. Leaving him out because of a technicality is ... well, like not letting Pete Rose into the baseball hall of fame.

As a member of the Hall of Fame Committee (self-appointed), I vote for an exception for Maverick.

LooseCannon said:
As a member of the Hall of Fame Committee (self-appointed), I vote for an exception for He Who Must Not Be Named.
I may be a silly question, but what was the matter with Maverick?

He Who Must Not Be Named is the owner of the Iron Maiden Commentary, which was partnered with this website for a long time. Long story short, he left this site after a disagreement with the former owner. Many of us still know You Know Who and communicate with him from time to time, but as the years go on, he fades from friend, to memory, into the legend of the savage moderator who lambasted and destroyed idiot n00bs and idiot old timers alike.

Soon, he will be naught but a boogeyman, who's story is told to new Maidenfans to convince them to fear their own shadow...

Ok, added the "builders" and changed the "class" to the actual induction year rather than year joined. Makes more sense as many of the folks from '03 are still very active. all of the folks from 2010 joined in '02 at any rate. In just a few months the next folks will be added. Again, if I'm missing anything feel free to add it.

Back