Guitarist Thread

A newbie here, just wanted to chime in and show my rig. IMaiden sig strat on the end!!!

DSCF0223.jpg

hazmat33 said:
A newbie here, just wanted to chime in and show my rig. IMaiden sig strat on the end!!!

DSCF0223.jpg

WOW  :eek:

You got some very nice stuf :)

Thanks! I'm actually thinking of selling my Iron Maiden Signature Strat. I have a chance at getting a Jackson Soloist very cheap and I'll need to make up some of the funds.

The Jackson is for sale locally so I don't have any pics of it yet. Hopefully soon!

Figured I'd add my list to the thread:

I have a Paul Reed Smith McCarty Standard,
a Hamer 25th Anniversary Edition,
Fender American Series Telecaster,
G&L ASAT,
Reverend 10th Anniversary Jetstream HB,
ESP/LTD EC100QM,
...and a Martin D-15 acoustic.

Been playing over 20 years. I hope to be good someday!

Well after hunting for months, it has finally appeared. Local music ads page, Gallien Krueger 250RL in mint condition. Price : $600. Seller is a professional musician and the first owner of the amp. Amp was racked in the studio for all these years. Therefore, as preserved as it can be.

It's coming in around Tuesday.

A question for more experienced guitarists than myself; Do you have any tips for developing more endurance in the right hand for playing long, intensive parts (like for example the galloping sequence in Dream of Mirrors. I can start playing it, but half-way through it my right hand isn't responding any more).

The painful way of building such endurance is simple, play a lot of Iced Earth songs  :D Any tips for a less exhausting way of improving on this?

Well, push it until it hurts. Then repeat that every day. With each try, you're going to last a bit longer.

Eddies Wingman said:
Any tips for a less exhausting way of improving on this?

Not really. Play. Then play some more. Practice. Then practice some more. As Euclid put it: there is no royal road to geometry. Meaning: you only master a skill by practicing for a long time. Shortcuts don't work.

My gear is lowend but it's my first stuff so I enjoy it and use as can.

Washburn X10 --> Digitech RP155 --> Laney LX12

Without the processor, the distortion the Laney has is crappy.

I have a Washburn myself, a X200PRO. It's a bit more expansive but really good.

If you ever think about upgrading just a little bit (I think it costs around twice the X10) than it's a great guitar.

Back