Guitarist Thread

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Guitarist+Aug 10 2005, 02:31 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Guitarist @ Aug 10 2005, 02:31 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]What do you prefer a strat or a les paul? I prefer a strat, but it has to be modified with floyd rose and have seymour duncan pickups.
[snapback]114911[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Anyone going to answer this?

[!--QuoteBegin-Maiden Guitarist+Sep 12 2005, 08:19 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maiden Guitarist @ Sep 12 2005, 08:19 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Anyone going to answer this?
[snapback]118092[/snapback]​
[/quote]
well, I haven't played LP yet, but Strat is great for me

[!--QuoteBegin-Snake+Sep 13 2005, 09:05 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Snake @ Sep 13 2005, 09:05 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]well, I haven't played LP yet, but Strat is great for me
[snapback]118133[/snapback]​
[/quote]

cool [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Snake+Aug 4 2005, 03:11 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Snake @ Aug 4 2005, 03:11 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I have 3 guitars:

Eko D-40 acoustic
J&D Stratocaster (which I will sell soon I hope)
Fender Stratocaster HSS Made in USA in '80, sunburst, with Kahler Spyder tremolo system & DiMarzio pickups.

I have few questions. I'm planning to buy an amp and distorsion pedal. Since i don't have too much money, I'd like to know which amp do you recommend using with this Fender (up to 30-40 Watts, transistor) and which dist. pedal you recommend too. I was thinking about getting either BOSS Metal Zone (MT-2) or DS-2....

Any thoughts?

thnx in forward
[snapback]114018[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Personally I don't like the Boss pedals much, exept for the chorus, tuner and delay ones. But I think you should check out Digitech's pedals, they're a bit more expensive, bu they give you a larger spectrum of sounds and in my view better distortion. But the thing I recomend the most is buying an amp with a good distortion in it, if you feel like putting some more money into it.

HI...

I dont play the guitar but all my friends that do, and play maiden, say maiden songs are very simple and easy... is that true?

Well [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] yes it's true. Of course every song has it's own level of difficulty. But to be onest the rythm-guitars on the most maiden song are not very difficult, but it's very hard to play it like maiden, of course [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] . But in the solos there are bigger differences in my opinion at least.

Check my new song One Bad Day on my website.
And I know about some timingproblems on the recording,hehe

[a href=\'http://heavy.snowfall.bolsoya.no\' target=\'_blank\']http://heavy.snowfall.bolsoya.no[/a]

it's in demos at left. write in the guestbook too [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Song text in lyrics section

Fender Showmaster, Special Edition
Peavey evh Wolfgang (only the japanese model, not u.s.a.)
B.C. Rich 7-string Warlock
also a Squier Jazz Bass

Well I started to re-learn the guitar a year ago and this is what I bought

[a href=\'http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--PEVRAPPLEXP\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--PEVRAPPLEXP[/a]

It was cheap to learn on. Im thinking about upgrading soon but don't know what to get

[!--QuoteBegin-Iron_Maiden_01+Sep 25 2005, 04:00 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Iron_Maiden_01 @ Sep 25 2005, 04:00 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Well I started to re-learn the guitar a year ago and this is what I bought

[a href=\'http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--PEVRAPPLEXP\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--PEVRAPPLEXP[/a]

It was cheap to learn on. Im thinking about upgrading soon but don't know what to get
[snapback]119276[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Finally i was able to come into this forum again.

A Fender Stratocaster Mexican is good, and nice

I've got a cort guitare.pretty crappy thing.
I use a 10 watt amp and ibanez trash distortion.

Does someone have some advise for me ,I want to buy a new guitare.
I want to spend about 500 €

-Samick Interceptor I or II (it's around 450 and 500 US$) with a Floyd-Rose bridge and Duncan Disigned pickups (humbuckers),
-Any Fender Standard guitar (around 400 US$)
-ESP Viper-400 (around 550 US$)

You can choose one these 3 affordable guitars. But frankly, do not concentrate on the price but on the quality. So if you find a chaep guitar, that doesn't mean that it's a "crappy" one. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Cheers

Becouse im a minor,i cant afford a expensive guitar so i bought a good fender copy. My neighbour owns a fender and he tells me that my guitar is in someways better than a fender and it sounds exactly as a fender too [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I guess you're telling us that there's no difference between a fender copy guitar and an original one ? Wow... Well maybe ; only if your neighbour has a "tired" one, or that yours is fantastic and a pure exception, or both are simply bad.
I think I'll go for the exception... just to make you happy. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Here it is, Iron Beast. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Oh well, whatever... this is what works for me, guitarwise:

Patrick Eggle Berlin Custom '92 - Black
Gibson Les Paul Standard '98 - Cherry Sunburst
Ibanez AE35 (electric accoustic) '96 - Orange Sunburst
Admira Sevilla (Spanish accoustic) '86 - Plain finish

The Spanish guitar is originally my brother's... I "borrowed" it from him in '88 and it has been in my posession ever since! Being a drummer originally I never got into serious guitarplaying until the early 90's. Halfway the 1990's I started developing another passion of mine, playing the piano & keyboards. This I have been doing now professionally for over eight years now, either in bands or as a soloist. Errrm... I also sing [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

i was wondering if anyone here can anyone play the seventh son of a seventh son guitar solos...heard they are mad tough (well, adrian's at least)...

and if so, what are some tips on being able to play these solos (any sort of techniques i might have to work on??)

Strong fast fingers.

-1-2-3-4-----------------------------------------------------
-----------1-2-3-4-------------------------------------------
---------------------1-2-3-4---------------------------------
-------------------------------1-2-3-4-----------------------
-----------------------------------------1-2-3-4-------------
---------------------------------------------------1-2-3-4---

with hammer on's, and so you go to you get tired [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
you can also go down on the fretboard with the same thing

Back