1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guitar Solos - The Book of Souls

Discussion in 'The Book of Souls' started by Edu_Smith, Aug 28, 2015.

1. rgba

rgba Invader

100% Adrian

2. Babo 91

Babo 91 Nomad

Couldn't be any more adrian

3. bluehelmet

bluehelmet Invader

Adrian's second solo on TRATB could well be his best ever. Move over SIASL !

nuno_c likes this.
  4. LordIncubus

LordIncubus Prowler

Are you sure that on EOTC that it's a Murray solo and that it's not Janick?

5. Edu_Smith

Edu_Smith Eduardo

Dave Murray with absolute certainty

6. Zare

Zare Dream of broken citadels

Regarding Murray discussion couple of pages ago. I can't believe someone is calling underperformance on him. He wrote The Man Of Sorrows which is possibly the best song of the album and he put three brilliant solos in there. Even if you discard every other great performance (such as Death Or Glory), that's worth a lot.

Just my $2 * 10 ^ -2.

CriedWhenBrucieLeft and Forostar like this.
  7. Edu_Smith

Edu_Smith Eduardo

Brilliant solo Adrian in The Book of Souls . Wonderful.

8. Lampwick 43

Lampwick 43 Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

My favorite solos on the album are Adrian's 2nd solo in TRATB, Dave's solo in Book of Souls, Adrian's solo in Book of Souls, and all of Dave's solos in The Man of Sorrows.

9. adrian fn rules

adrian fn rules Chili-head

I also love Adrians EOTC solo.

10. Adrian totally.
    And confirmed by the live show. Plus, they have there one of the most interesting choreography bits of the show: Adrian plays the slide lines, then he casually tosses the slide off to continue with the rest of the solo, and Bruce catches it mid-air.

11. adrian fn rules

adrian fn rules Chili-head

Never saw him catch it in mid air although I have seen him pick it up after Adrian drops it and then he throws it to the crowd.

12. Oh, well, they did like I described in 7/14. Maybe they have been rehearsing it?
    Here is a video of the show I attended. The slide thing happens at 3:38.