Guilty pleasures

mckindog

Living for Sanctuary from the law
Staff member
Confession time Maidenfans.

We all have them, those musical secrets tucked waaaaayyyyy back in the deepest recesses of our hard-drives.
These are the songs you only listen to when no one else is around, songs you wouldn't dare mention in the presence of your hipster colleagues, songs that — given your impeccable musical taste — you should absolutely despise.

But these are also songs that deep in your heart of hearts you have to admit you actually find irresistible.

You are among friends here. I want to know what these songs are.
Step up and unburden your souls.

Inspired by Night Prowlers' "Classic albums and famous bands you don't like" thread and the song I was listening to when the idea occurred to me: this gloriously cheesy, blatantly obvious early '80s AC/DC rip-off from a band that had absolutely no shame: Krokus.

Even more cathartic is this, even more painful, '70s piece of disco-pop dreck:

Bring it on.
(More of mine likely to come as they occur to me)

Last edited:
No guilty pleasures for me, I only listen to awesome music. :p But here are some songs that would most certainly get me shunned at a Metal show:

The whole album is one of my all time favorites

The original is too cold sounding for me, but I found this cover to be pretty creative and entertaining

Again, not a fan of the original, but this is one of the coolest remixes of anything ever. Jack Conte, by the way, is awesome. Most of his music is more indie rock sounding, he's only recently ventured into Electronic stuff.

And last but not least, since Glam Metal is pretty unpopular here:
One of the best forgotten glam gems. The greatest Motley Crue ripoff on the planet. You're welcome.

I'll probably think of more later.

Oh man, I have plenty of those. :D A song or a couple from bands you would never otherwise listen to. For me, it's alot of the 70's/80's/90's one-hit wonders songs or some songs I'll hear on the radio or elsewhere and I'm like "Ooo! I kind of like this!". Hate to admit it but as much as I hate today's music, there are rare occasions where a song or two will perk my interest just because it's catchy or maybe I like the beat. I'll post some examples as they come to mind.

Confession time Maidenfans.

We all have them, those musical secrets tucked waaaaayyyyy back in the deepest recesses of our hard-drives.
These are the songs you only listen to when no one else is around, songs you wouldn't dare mention in the presence of your hipster colleagues, songs that — given your impeccable musical taste — you should absolutely despise.

But these are also songs that deep in your heart of hearts you have to admit you actually find irresistible.

You are among friends here. I want to know what these songs are.
Step up and unburden your souls.

Inspired by Night Prowlers' "Classic albums and famous bands you don't like" thread and the song I was listening to when the idea occurred to me: this gloriously cheesy, blatantly obvious early '80s AC/DC rip-off from a band that had absolutely no shame: Krokus.

Even more cathartic is this, even more painful, '70s piece of disco-pop dreck:

Bring it on.
(More of mine likely to come as they occur to me)
I like September too.
I love bossanova music
Are you kidding me with this song? I roll up a blunt and blast this song here and I'm my own version of heaven. I can't help but smile and relax whenever I listen to this

This is easy. Don't let the ridiculous video distract you. This is an awesome '80s pop/punk song.

Last edited:
OK, that one reminded my of this, but it wasn't really a guilty pleasure you had to feel too guilty about.
Was there a male in the late '80s who wasn't in love with Susannah Hoffs?

Every time I see Beyonce dance, it makes me laugh. She's hot, of course, but I think she could tone down the "fierce."

In honor of Ariana's Beyonce video, here is another song that is a guilty pleasure of mine. I can't put my finger on the reason why, but I love this.

LOL. It's always fun to see how these threads morph.
Am I going to have to change the name of this one to "beautiful women singing"?

Back