Guess what I had for dinner today

Dr. Eddies Wingman

Brighter than thousand_suns
I am quite sure Forostar (among others) would have chosen something else for dinner, given the menu. I can give away this much; I am currently at a hotel in the town that claims to be the northernmost town in the world, Hammerfest. I am here for a two-day seminar in automation, the seminar is tomorrow and Friday. However, I found it cheaper to travel here from Trondheim today and spend an extra night at a hotel, because tomorrow the cheapest possible flight was 500€ while today I could get here for 250€. (Yes, the university will pay the expenses, but I like to try saving money for my employer as well).

But the question is, what did I have for dinner today (Wednesday)?

Well, you are way off. I can go as far as saying it is not served in many countries, and it is more common to eat it in Northern Norway than in Southern Norway.

As a matter of fact, I have recenlty (this week) been put up in a hotel for two nights at the company's expense whilst I took a course in the workings of the chip & pin terminal as it took a credit/debit card transaction and all that happens to that data - until it hits the bank. But it was only explained as to how the company I work for is doing it.

But the food I ate there is never going to be as exotic as what you ate. I mean, come on - beef and ale pie.

Well, I had a Norwegian speciality: Whale steak  :D Very tender meat, hats off to the chef. Thursday all the participants at the seminar went for dinner and other social activities in a local place where they served Sami food (Finnmark, the northern county of Norway, has a significant Sami population). We were served smoked reindeer meat, and also some kind of thick soup with potatoes and reindeer. Good stuff!

Back in Trondheim now and will soon prepare the outmost boring dinner: Fried chicken with boiled rice  :)

Whale steak? Blimey. But then again, it should have been obvious as the Norwegians are still hunting whales.

I have had horse steak once - while in France.

____no5 said:
black putting  :D
Do you mean black pudding? If you do I must say that I friggin' love black pudding. I just have to forget what it is as I eat it. :D

yes that's what I mean !

every logic human should love it *miam miam*
and as a lot of my fellow French I like it combined with white pudding, and of course some pieces of green apple to go with

I just have to forget what it is as I eat it

:D yeah it's a bit cruel  :innocent:

Back