Got my vinyl DOD

Got my DOD lp last week and now I can see the cover clearly and boy those cgi characters look like crap! The dude on the lefts lower half is offset from his top half, the baby looks like hes standing on the side of the wolf I guess. It clearly looks like really bad graphics from someone who didnt know what they were doing, or didnt care. I just dont get how the band would have authorized this cover to be printed on 1000`s of lps and 100,000`s of cds. Makes no sence. They should have just left the cover with Eddie all by himself, or maybe shadowed the cgi figures like they did of the girl in the individual band photos in the sleeve. Its just too bad because musically the album rules! I cant put it down. I listen to it all the way through, then I start over and do it again.

Oh yeah, the vinyl sleeve... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I miss that... Good 80's [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Hmmmmm I especially like the SIT sleeve! [!--emo&:wub:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wub.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wub.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
It just looks fantastic.

Anyway, as a collector I'll get a DoD Vinyl Copy!

Be(a)st regards,
Maidenaustria

I decided against buying the picture vinyl album because of both the bad sleeve and the bad pictures!'Dance of Death' is actually the first vinyl album I don't want to buy. [!--emo&:dork:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dorky[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dorky[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Nah. You gotta buy it anyway. Its still Maiden. Just dont look at the cover. Plus the vinyls are picture discs which are pretty cool. Just like BNW was.

I'd love to have that but I probably won't get it... [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Order it from What Records. Go to the official site, theres a link on the Home page to them. Last I saw they were quit short on supply though.
Good luck

I think the vinyl is actually pretty expensive. [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Scream for me Stockholm+Sep 20 2003, 06:22 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Scream for me Stockholm @ Sep 20 2003, 06:22 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I've checked the prize at ginza.se and it's 249 kr (about 27-28 euro for you  "not-swedes) and it's released the 22:nd september. [/quote]
wow, that's pretty expensive, I bought it last night at whatrecords for 29 incl. shipping to Austria!
I also preordered the 5.1 DoD [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Be(a)st regards,
Maidenaustria

[!--QuoteBegin-Scream for me Stockholm+Sep 22 2003, 02:07 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Scream for me Stockholm @ Sep 22 2003, 02:07 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] whats the prize for just the vinyl, exept shipping? [/quote]
might be ~23 € !

It's a good price, shipping is a bit more expensive, but they pack it good and I want to receive it in perfect shape!

The are pretty fast:
Last time I ordered the 7" vinyl and the DVD-single on Sunday night and received the package on Friday....

I also hope to receive a Free-promo poster - Homepage says yes, but who knows...
[!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Be(a)st regards,
Maidenaustria

It might be a possibility to order albumss next time but i prefer to just go down to my record store and have it directly. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back