Gangland

How good is Gangland on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Gangland

This is the weakest song on the record imo, the album would have been better without it, or even with Total Eclipse instead of this one like someone said.

The drums are the best part of the song. 5/10.

5. I can't give this more than RTTH but it isn't really a bad song. Just average. I'm agreeing with everyone who says worst off of the album.

Same thing I said elsewhere. Boring song, but it would rip live. Dream Theater butchered it though, so don't bother pointing it out to me. 4/10.

8. Intro is quite unusual and there's a diminished 5th in there, so it's enough to give it credibility (it's the devil's chord!!! Ahahahahahah...), Bruce singing is one of his most rispid and aggressive, the key change on the bridge is wonderful, powerful chorus and the instrumental section is quite tense and matches perfectly the quasi poetic lyrics by Adrian. Underrated as fuck!!!

5, as everyone said, the weakest song on the album, should have been replaced with Total Eclipse. I'm sorry Clive Burr couldn't get a writing credit for something better.

mckindog said:
Over the years, I’ve grown to respect many thing about Gangland: the drumming performance; the unique rhythmic pattern; the risky chord sequence; the way Bruce pulls an interesting performance out of an incredibly unmelodic melody.

Wow, you have my praise for this text. I don't think anyone on this forum showed its positive points so well.
To be honest I don't know which other aspects should be mentioned, other than that it reminds me of a mix between Samson and Priest. I like the doomy bridge, which is funny because the song is fast.
My biggest complaint is the uninspired and short solo by H.

A big 6 and a half, but that's still a

Underrated song much like the so-called fillers of Powerslave.  I love the blistering drum beat, and the way it punctuates Bruce's vocals and vice versa. 7/10.  Same as RttH.

This song is decent, underrated without a doubt. Although I don't think it's in the 'criminally underrated' category like the middle of the Powerslave album or Total Eclipse on NOTB. It lacks a little something extra that Total Eclipse does have (IMO). Still a good song though, my rating is a 7.

5 out of 10... Along with Invaders, one of the band's weaker ones on this album. I think Clyde's drumming is about the best feature of this tune, and the guitar work is not too shabby as well, although the song just doesn't seem to work for me. It's been skipped over many times...

Pretty much a forgettable song. There are no bad parts, but there are no outstanding parts in it. 6/10.

I like the Jazz feel of the song but that's about it. I used to be super into it but since then it's been, meh. 6/10

Definition of "forgettable". I gave this song a listen just a little while ago and all I can remember is Clive's great drum work. 6/10 from me, weakest song from the album.

It's a 9/10 for Gangland and very high one at that, love the drum intro and the general groove throughout the song, also love the way music unfolds, it is one of those songs that just gets stuck in there and delivers. 

6 - not keen on this. The original should have Total Eclipse, not this.

Back