1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gangland

Discussion in 'The Number Of The Beast' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2004.

?

How good is Gangland on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

6.8%
  2. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

11.4%
  4. 7

18.2%
  5. 6

27.3%
  6. 5

13.6%
  7. 4

13.6%
  8. 3

6.8%
  9. 2

2.3%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Onun

Onun Invader

Re: Daily Song: Gangland

This is the weakest song on the record imo, the album would have been better without it, or even with Total Eclipse instead of this one like someone said.

The drums are the best part of the song. 5/10.

2. Black Thunder

Black Thunder Ancient Mariner

The vocals are the best part of the song. But it's not special.

5/10.

3. Jonszat

Jonszat Trooper

5. I can't give this more than RTTH but it isn't really a bad song. Just average. I'm agreeing with everyone who says worst off of the album.

4. Perun

Perun Climbing like a monkey Staff Member

Same thing I said elsewhere. Boring song, but it would rip live. Dream Theater butchered it though, so don't bother pointing it out to me. 4/10.

5. Jeffmetal

Jeffmetal Ancient Mariner

8. Intro is quite unusual and there's a diminished 5th in there, so it's enough to give it credibility (it's the devil's chord!!! Ahahahahahah...), Bruce singing is one of his most rispid and aggressive, the key change on the bridge is wonderful, powerful chorus and the instrumental section is quite tense and matches perfectly the quasi poetic lyrics by Adrian. Underrated as fuck!!!

6. Ranko

Ranko I'll shoot the gunner first!

5, as everyone said, the weakest song on the album, should have been replaced with Total Eclipse. I'm sorry Clive Burr couldn't get a writing credit for something better.

7. Prowler_108

Prowler_108 Trooper

8.  Very underrated, with great work by everyone on the track, would probably be great live.  Kills RTTH if you ask me.

8. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Wow, you have my praise for this text. I don't think anyone on this forum showed its positive points so well.
    To be honest I don't know which other aspects should be mentioned, other than that it reminds me of a mix between Samson and Priest. I like the doomy bridge, which is funny because the song is fast.
    My biggest complaint is the uninspired and short solo by H.

A big 6 and a half, but that's still a

9. Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan Ancient Mariner

Underrated song much like the so-called fillers of Powerslave.  I love the blistering drum beat, and the way it punctuates Bruce's vocals and vice versa. 7/10.  Same as RttH.

10. lordantwarrior

lordantwarrior Prowler

This song is decent, underrated without a doubt. Although I don't think it's in the 'criminally underrated' category like the middle of the Powerslave album or Total Eclipse on NOTB. It lacks a little something extra that Total Eclipse does have (IMO). Still a good song though, my rating is a 7.

11. ______no5

______no5 The Angel Of The Odd

Except of the awesome drumming, I don't find anything that outstanding here. 6/10

12. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

Average song, except drumming. But only drumming doesn't enough to get a 7 from me. 6/10

13. Taker

Taker Cannon Fodder

5 out of 10... Along with Invaders, one of the band's weaker ones on this album. I think Clyde's drumming is about the best feature of this tune, and the guitar work is not too shabby as well, although the song just doesn't seem to work for me. It's been skipped over many times...

14. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

Pretty much a forgettable song. There are no bad parts, but there are no outstanding parts in it. 6/10.

15. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I like the Jazz feel of the song but that's about it. I used to be super into it but since then it's been, meh. 6/10

16. Vap

Vap Ancient Mariner

Definition of "forgettable". I gave this song a listen just a little while ago and all I can remember is Clive's great drum work. 6/10 from me, weakest song from the album.

17. Fugazi

Fugazi Alchemist

It's a 9/10 for Gangland and very high one at that, love the drum intro and the general groove throughout the song, also love the way music unfolds, it is one of those songs that just gets stuck in there and delivers. 

18. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

7, one of the weaker tracks on the album.  Still a good song.

19. Albie

Albie Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.

6 - not keen on this. The original should have Total Eclipse, not this.

20. wizard

wizard Invader