Game Of Thrones

I'm now caught up. Overall this season has been pretty solid, but it's far from perfect. It definitely feels a bit rushed, and everyone is somehow traveling from place to place like it's nothing, when in actuality it would take months.

The visuals have been stunning, and the Field of Fire in episode 4 was undeniably epic.

Where is Ghost? I don't think he's made an appearance at all this season. Jon should have had him by his side when he met Daenerys, it would be a cool contrast to her with her dragons. I'm not a fan of the way the show has been handling the Direwolves, which has been pretty negligent from the beginning. Yeah, Arya briefly reconnected with Nymeria, but the wolf seemed to pretty much dismiss her right away. In the books, you hear a lot about how that pack of wolves is fucking shit up in the Riverlands, and it seems like they will play a much bigger role than they are in the show.

What about Dorne? Are they no longer in play now that Ellaria Sand is locked up? I still don't know how she would ever be in charge in the first place. She went and killed all the Martells' and everybody is fine with that? Why wouldn't one of the other noble houses take over?

I had a feeling Jamie wouldn't die in that battle, but I don't think he will survive the series. I think it's very likely that he will be the one to kill Cersei, and then he himself will die not long after. This is just a prediction, mind you.

Despite the complaints I have, I still can't wait to see how the rest of the season plays out!

Have to agree with everyone else, the visuals so far this season are top notch. The scenery is downright gorgeous in every scene. They're clearly putting that extra money and time to good use.

My thoughts on episode 4:
I don't think I can call it one of the best GoT episodes, because 3/4 of it was nothing special IMO. The battle, though. Damn. That's easily in the top 5 GoT moments. They've spent basically the whole 6 seasons building up the fact that dragons are powerful weapons and now they've nailed the reveal of their battlefield potential in a truly effective way.

Technically I have no business rooting for Jaime, because he represents the most despicable side of the conflict, but they've managed to make him likable throughout the seasons, so in this sequence I was totally identifying with his side. Throw Bronn in there and I'm with them for the time being... I guess that was the purpose. From the second it became clear that they're under attack I was sure they're all dead, which made for an intense watching experience. The feeling of horror was real. Pure hopelessnees. But then, when they were kind of striking back, I'm telling you, I totally felt like rooting for them to kill the dragon and Daenerys. This is how this show messes with you and it's great. :p

Oh, and it was really impressive visually. The fire looked amazing and all the practical elements (seems like a lot) made the battle look very real.

3/4 was nothing special? Two Stark reunions, Arya battling Brienne, Littlefinger's shit finally being brought to light...I don't know, I think the episode did some pretty amazing fan-service.

The battle was truly amazing, mostly because they made the audience root for both sides. I didn't want anyone to die, despite who I agreed or disagreed with. Brilliant plotting.

I'm now caught up. Overall this season has been pretty solid, but it's far from perfect. It definitely feels a bit rushed, and everyone is somehow traveling from place to place like it's nothing, when in actuality it would take months.

The visuals have been stunning, and the Field of Fire in episode 4 was undeniably epic.

Where is Ghost? I don't think he's made an appearance at all this season. Jon should have had him by his side when he met Daenerys, it would be a cool contrast to her with her dragons. I'm not a fan of the way the show has been handling the Direwolves, which has been pretty negligent from the beginning. Yeah, Arya briefly reconnected with Nymeria, but the wolf seemed to pretty much dismiss her right away. In the books, you hear a lot about how that pack of wolves is fucking shit up in the Riverlands, and it seems like they will play a much bigger role than they are in the show.

What about Dorne? Are they no longer in play now that Ellaria Sand is locked up? I still don't know how she would ever be in charge in the first place. She went and killed all the Martells' and everybody is fine with that? Why wouldn't one of the other noble houses take over?

I had a feeling Jamie wouldn't die in that battle, but I don't think he will survive the series. I think it's very likely that he will be the one to kill Cersei, and then he himself will die not long after. This is just a prediction, mind you.

Despite the complaints I have, I still can't wait to see how the rest of the season plays out!

I agree that Ghost should be around, but also taking a Direwolf on a small ship to a place with new people and dragons clearly wouldn't be a good tactic when meeting with someone whom you want to make into an ally. As for Nymeria...it's clear that they are not going to use her as a character. She is wild now. Arya meeting her wolf again was a turning point. Had she gone to King's Landing instead of going home to Winterfell she would have been no different from the wolf: a wild creature. But instead she went home and chose to retain some of her humanity, thus showing us that there is hope for her as a person and not just a faceless assassin.

Dorne...is better off dead. I don't read the books, so I know I'm missing a lot of stuff, but Dorne in the show just plain sucked.

My prediction is that the only living Lannister will be Tyrion. Cersei and Jaime will no doubt go out in a blood pact/Queenslaying-suicide double bill.

3/4 was nothing special? Two Stark reunions, Arya battling Brienne, Littlefinger's shit finally being brought to light...I don't know, I think the episode did some pretty amazing fan-service.
Maybe it's just me, because I'm not a fan of Arya and Bran. ;)

ohnoyoudidnt.jpg

What? :bigsmile: To me both their storylines were pretty boring throughout the seasons and I have a hard time buying Arya as this badass assassin. Maybe it's the casting - she looks like she's 10 all the time. :p

Based on next episode's title
"Eastwatch"
, I predict it'll be
a brutal sequel to Hardhome. Producers said that there'll be a battle in this season that'll make Hardhome look like a child's play.

I've been an avid defender of this season's pace, but this time even I was like "OK, that's ridiculous". :p But that's fine, I still prefer shortcuts than filler scenes/episodes at this point. Lots of convenience in ep. 5 but still a good one. Damn, just 2 to go... I hope they're going to be even better than what we've got so far.

Spoiler corner:
- Jaime and Bronn - craaaazy convenient escape at the beginning. Like nothing huge happened.
- Tyrion in KL stressed me out, because I thought they're setting up his capture/death - didn't suspect it was just a massive plot shortcut ;)
- Gendry's return was very sudden and fast. I thought they wanted him to forge dragonglass weapons, but it looks like there's a different purpose for him.
- The plan to capture a white walker sounds a bit unreasonable to me... Is this really the only way to convince everyone they exist? How can the characters even think it's doable? To me it looks like they just want to set up some crazy adventure for these guys and play with our emotions by killing a couple of them. I hope there's more to it than that.

Episode 6 has leaked too. Apparently someone from Spanish HBO accidentally let it go online. Anyway, quality is shit and since I expect great things from it, I won't watch. So you guys be extra careful about spoilers on YouTube etc.

This sucks... Not gonna fall for bad quality leak again. Will try to stay away from spoilers, but it's gonna be difficult. YouTube is the worst, because it can just throw "X death scene" at you.

As long as you don't watch any GoT related videos, you should be fine. Doubt that you can see GoT spoilers in related videos of Iron Maiden, for example :p But be wary of the front page.

I still have yet to see an episode of Game of Thrones. But I have heard of some of the shocking twists in the story, who got killed and such. Would you say it's ruined and I shouldn't bother watching?

I wouldn't say so. It's even possible you might enjoy it more this way, because you'll be missing the "sensational" aspect.

Also, I had read the books before I saw the series, so there was a lot of stuff I knew beforehand (the series follow the books quite closely for the first 3-4 seasons) and they completely fucked up some of my most favourite characters and storylines in the books (*cough STANNIS!!! *cough) and yet I ejnoyed it very much all the same.

Do it man. If only for the drinking game :D

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/DrinkingGame/GameOfThrones

Doubt that you can see GoT spoilers in related videos of Iron Maiden, for example :p
It happens, unfortunately. Sometimes they put unrelated videos in recommendations based on what you watch in general. And since I always watch a couple of GoT videos after a new episode airs, I'm at risk right now. :eek:

I also knew about a couple of the major events/deaths that took place in the show long before I started watching and it truly didn't hinder my enjoyment of the series. It's an amazing show and you will get deeply invested in the story and the way the story is told.

I've been an avid defender of this season's pace, but this time even I was like "OK, that's ridiculous". :p But that's fine, I still prefer shortcuts than filler scenes/episodes at this point. Lots of convenience in ep. 5 but still a good one. Damn, just 2 to go... I hope they're going to be even better than what we've got so far.

Honestly, the pace in the last episode was absolutely ridiculous and it truly annoys me. I would rather we slowed things down and had 9 seasons. I mean, seriously, those row boats are basically teleportation devices at this point.

It happens, unfortunately. Sometimes they put unrelated videos in recommendations based on what you watch in general. And since I always watch a couple of GoT videos after a new episode airs, I'm at risk right now. :eek:
I literally just stumbled across two spoilers this way. :facepalm: YouTube should have a "mute" feature, which would block videos based on keywords you type in.

Quality of the leaked episode is great. I watched it. It's difficult to avoid spoilers online so I recommend you to watch it.

Back