Future Survivor games

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
As the Survivor players have noticed, the games are winding down for now. I'm taking a break from them over the summer, but new games will start when Iron Maiden releases The Final Frontier.

As before, there will be eight games, with four updating each day...

Group A:
1. Iron Maiden Survivor II ... by the time we get to TFF, we'll have had a few months to digest it.
2. Rainbow Survivor ... we're moving through the sequence Deep Purple - Rainbow - Dio.
3. Forostar's choice: Halford Survivor
4. Genghis Khan's choice: Aerosmith Survivor

Since Foro and GK were the most active players in the first batch of games, they get to pick two groups for the next batch. Foro has already requested Halford, and that request will be fulfilled. GK, pick a band!
Edit, the next day: GK has chosen Aerosmith.

Group B:
1. Bruce Dickinson Survivor II ... to be followed by Blaze Bayley Survivor II.
2. Ozzy Osbourne Survivor ... what else could follow Black Sabbath?
3. Pink Floyd Survivor ... after Rush, we need another prog group.
4. Forum choice: Guns N Roses, UFO, Savatage, Blind Guardian, Slayer, Helloween or ???

Post your suggestion for that last Survivor in this thread. We'll run a poll a couple weeks before the new games start.

Again, many thanks to all those who have played. Since this site always sees a surge of new members when Maiden releases a new album, it is my hope that the next group of games will have even more players.

My suggestions: Cathedral survivor, Carcass survivor, Death survivor, Faith No More survivor, Guns N' Roses survivor, Mercyful Fate survivor or Thin Lizzy survivor.

SinisterMinisterX said:
As the Survivor players have noticed, the games are winding down for now. I'm taking a break from them over the summer, but new games will start when Iron Maiden releases The Final Frontier.

As before, there will be eight games, with four updating each day...

Group A:
1. Iron Maiden Survivor II ... by the time we get to TFF, we'll have had a few months to digest it.
2. Rainbow Survivor ... we're moving through the sequence Deep Purple - Rainbow - Dio.
3. Forostar's choice: Halford Survivor
4. Genghis Khan's choice: ???

Since Foro and GK were the most active players in the first batch of games, they get to pick two groups for the next batch. Foro has already requested Halford, and that request will be fulfilled. GK, pick a band!

Group B:
1. Bruce Dickinson Survivor II ... to be followed by Blaze Bayley Survivor II.
2. Ozzy Osbourne Survivor ... what else could follow Black Sabbath?
3. Pink Floyd Survivor ... after Rush, we need another prog group.
4. Forum choice: ???

Post your suggestion for that last Survivor in this thread. We'll run a poll a couple weeks before the new games start.

Again, many thanks to all those who have played. Since this site always sees a surge of new members when Maiden releases a new album, it is my hope that the next group of games will have even more players.

Picking a band... Let's see... Of my favourites Aerosmith would have to be there, but I get the feeling that only you and I will vote on that one.  If you don't care for that though, as my second choice I'll go for Pink Floyd.

EDIT: Never mind Pink Floyd is there already.  OK Aerosmith it is.  Let me know how you feel about it.

I'd love to do Aerosmith, I'm a huge fan.

Among Jeffmetal's choices, I think GNR or Thin Lizzy would be the best ones since their music is the most famous.

The floor remains open for nominations, all the way until about mid-August.
Genghis Khan said:
Of my favourites Aerosmith would have to be there, but I get the feeling that only you and I will vote on that one. .

Just like Megadeth and Deep Purple were, for the most part... :bigsmile:

I suppose, to keep things fair, I have to impose a limit of one band suggestion per forum member. Which means, if you name multiple bands, I'll pick one of yours.

So right now, we've got GNR from Jeff and UFO from Moonchild. But that's not "final" - we've got a few months to go. You have time to change your minds if you want.

But I must say, either GNR or UFO would be awesome.

I'm not participating in these Survivors anyway, but allow me to say that I fucking hate Aerosmith and fucking love UFO.

Blind Guardian, Iced Earth and Opeth would be good choices, as each has put out a lot of material. GNR have put out only 2-3 albums (not including the Axl Rose solo album using the GnR name last year). 

Live!@ Like A Suicide (EP), Appetite For Destruction, Live From The Jungle (EP available only in Japan with Appetite for Destruction outtake Shadow Of Your Love), Lies (EP), Use Your Illusion I & II, The Spaghetti Incident (only covers, including Sympathy For The Devil from Interview With The Vampire soundtrack), Oh My God (soundtrack from End Of Days movie) and Chinese Democracy (amazing album! Say what you want, but Axl Rose is a master of his art!).

Pink Floyd.

I don't know UFO at all, and i listened to G'n'R albums a long, long time ago...

Back