Forum "fixed"!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too, major problems in Maiden Chat and Metal for Life Forums.  I think it's mostly sporadic and random for me, but because I spend a great deal of time in the Madness forums, I only notice those errors.

I've just had a couple of the database errors trying to edit a post. Before that it was going so well.

Latest is that it could be due to upgrading mysql to version 5 not because of the server crash... no idea how that can be fixed by it may be do-able

Real World said:
Latest is that it could be due to upgrading mysql to version 5 not because of the server crash... no idea how that can be fixed by it may be do-able
Sounds positive.

Real World said:
Sounds fishy to me. Even if this forum software was written for MySQL 4, I find it hard to believe that MySQL 5 isn't backwards-compatible. They wouldn't release a version that would break existing scripts ... would they?

Depends. When upgrading from mySQL 4 to 5 there is a possibility that some values where changed which have now become invalid. Upgrading broke my download script in several places which I've since fixed.

Looks like I can post freely now, everywhere except the IMC forum. Is it just me?

SilentLucidity said:
Looks like I can post freely now, everywhere except the IMC forum. Is it just me?
It does seem to me that the forum is behaving itself a bit at present. I've not had too many issues of late (in fact just the ones I mentioned above).

EDIT: It seems the problem I'm having is modifying posts outside the help forum - which I beleive others are also experiencing this.

I've never had problems with the forum but I just got a repeated error trying to post a news story on the main site...

Update: I just got my first error message on the forums, the standard Database Error. Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator when posting in the Madness forum.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Annoyingly Shadow, the error message in that window is in the top scroller but at the bottom (hidden in that screenshot)
I'm closing this topic and starting a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back