Forum "fixed" part 2

Child of the Grave said:
I tried to quote a post in the madness section and this came up.

Error 500 'forum.maidenfans.com' Unknown Host.  Learn More ...

Try reloading the Web page.
ReType the address in your browser.
Check your computers Internet Connection.

Then I tried to get back to the homepage and it came up again. After that it came up on any Maidenfans page I tried to get on.

Thats just a general browser/server thing. Notihng we can do about that but it shouldnt happen often

SilentLucidity said:
My remaining problem seems to be this. -_-

This problem doesn't seem to be linked to MaidenFans, but to the InfiniteChat server. The bloody thing is often unstable and all you have to do is keep trying. Sorry I can't help more...  :(

I have no problem connecting with mIRC. I can also connect with the applet. I also haven't had any problems lately (except once when the server told me my IP was on some blacklist, but it seems to have been removed a few minutes later)... Odd

I will keep trying the applet then, although I have, ever since the forum went down, and did not get in once.

"Applet noninited" and the window goes blank with a little 'x' in the upper left corner.

To all those unable to access the chatroom: Try sending the following message to this eMail adress: tobieATinfinitechat.com (The subject line will be "Please Remove Chatspace Server Ban")

Please remove server ban

Ban-hostname: localhost/ENTER YOUR IP HERE

Ban-comment:
You+are+banned+from+this+server+-+Autok ... techat.com+for+more+information:

Affected-nickname:ENTER YOUR NICKNAME HERE

Maybe it will work

I'm not sure about the IP. Try this one if things fail: 127.0.0.1

From time to time I get a message saying...
'Sorry!  You have already sent this message.  You may have refreshed, or clicked post twice!'
This happens on the first time I post, and it's not legitimate (that is to say, not a real error).  It's (thankfully) a minor problem, as I can simply go back and copy what I wrote, post again, wait 30 seconds and then paste and post, but it does get a bit annoying.  It seems to happen with my longer posts, as well.  It also happened with one of my messages...

Like I said, nothing too big, just a little cosmetic blip.

I think this is actually a bug. If you post and the browser times out or something then try to repost it wont let you do it. Its a bit wierd but shouldnt happen often

Leading on from this bug, on occasions I try to praise people but I get the "Karma action cannot be performed for another hour" (or whatever). But this person has not been praised by me for, perhaps, a day or so.

So I praise someone else and all is OK. :huh:

Did some of the threads get deleted? I just went to the Religion yet again thread, and in the first post it has a link to how the topic got started. Every time I click the link it takes me to the homepage. It's not really a problem or anything, just wondering.

Child of the Grave said:
in the first post it has a link to how the topic got started. Every time I click the link it takes me to the homepage.

Obviously, it's because the link point to the old forum. No mystery there.

Back