1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the Church of H and all other respected Maidenfans ;)

Discussion in 'Best of / Worst of Polls forum' started by Forostar, Jan 14, 2007.

?

Vote for your favourite H-collection (by year that is!)

1. [b]1982[/b]: The Prisoner, 22 Acacia Avenue, Gangland

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. [b]1983[/b]: Flight Of Icarus, Die With Your Boots On, Sun And Steel

4 vote(s)
    6.6%
  3. [b]1984[/b]: 2 Minutes to Midnight, Back In The Village

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. [b]1986[/b]: Sheriff Of Huddersfield, Wasted Years, Sea Of Madness, Stranger In A Strange Land

15 vote(s)
    24.6%
  5. [b]1988[/b]: Moonchild, Can I Play With Madness, The Evil That Men Do

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  6. [b]1990[/b]: Hooks In You

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  7. [b]2000[/b]: The Wicker Man, The Fallen Angel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. [b]2003[/b]: Pass The Jam, Wildest Dreams, New Frontier, Paschendale, Face in The Sand, Journeyman,

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  9. [b]2006[/b]: Different World, These Colours Don't Run, Brighter Than a Thousand Suns, The Longest Da

26 vote(s)
    42.6%
  10. 2010: Satellite 15... The Final Frontier, El Dorado, Mother of M, Coming Home, IOA, Starblind, WTWWB

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  11. 2015: Speed of Light, The Great Unknown, When the River Runs Deep, Death or Glory, Tears of a Clown

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

In what year were the most favourite scripts of his holiness released upon mankind, according to you?
    Vote for your favourite H-collection (by year that is! - try to judge the total quality of a group of songs)

Thanks for voting!
    :)

2. Albie

Albie Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.

And another vote. :) I guess the next one could be non Harris penned songs.

I would have to go for 1988 as Seventh Son is their best album, in my opinion and it makes this collection is just a tad better than 2006.

3. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Thanks for your vote and explanation, Albie. Your suggestion for a next poll sounds interesting but there's only 10 poll options (I thought), which isn't enough for this one. :/

4. Raven

Raven Ancient Mariner

2006.  The amount of good songs H helped write on AMoLaD outweighs even Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time (my favourite Maiden albums) and the almighty Paschendale.

5. Natalie

Natalie Insect of Terror Staff Member

2006. Although 1988 and 2003 deserve an honorable mention (even if I detest Wildest Dreams).

6. SneakySneaky

SneakySneaky Trooper

2003.  Although I don't like New Frontier,  haven't heard those b-sides,  Paschendale does it all.  2006 comes really close though...

7. Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan Ancient Mariner

The choice is easy: 2006.  All 5 songs are at least 4/5.  No other years come close.  Not even mighty 'Paschendale' could overthrow 2006 H performance.

8. national acrobat

national acrobat Ancient Mariner

2006 definitely for me! Those five songs are among the strongest songs from a very strong album. Paschendale itself can't win this poll. ;)

9. Invader

Invader Ancient Mariner

2006, without doubt.  Though 2003 comes close too, due to Wildest Dreams and Paschendale.  AMoLaD is just so good that it wins the day.  I hadn't realised H wrote so much for the album  ::)

10. ______no5

______no5 The Angel Of The Odd

11. supersonic

supersonic Invader

I would have to go with Seventh son of a seventh son. The 'evil that men do' and 'moonchild' are extremely strong numbers and more than make up for 'can I play with madness'.

12. Vivi Smith

Vivi Smith Prowler

1986... SIT is an Adrian album IMO  :wub:

13. Onhell

Onhell Mexican Revolutionary

2006 hands down.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2006, pretty easy when you consider that ALL of those songs from aMoLaD are really good.

I was tempted by 2003 as well, but a couple of those I have not heard (!) and although I think Paschendale is better than any song from 2006, the 06 group as a whole is superb.

15. Aeolis

Aeolis Prowler

I choose 2006.

16. Mega

Mega Ancient Mariner

06, But 88 is awesome too.

17. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

3 years, after I opened this topic, I finally cast my vote: 1986

Sea of Madness is of a unique beauty, and esp. SOASL and Wasted Years make for a fine collection.

18. Black Thunder

Black Thunder Ancient Mariner

1986 it is...

19. Reumeren

Reumeren Trooper

20. Black Thunder

Black Thunder Ancient Mariner

LOL, actually, somebody voted for Hooks In You  :p