First Maiden song heard

First song heard and first single-song video seen:
Hallowed Be Thy Name and Run to the Hills (First video)

First full album heard:
Number of the Beast

First album bought:
Number of the Beast
First album bought on release day:
None

First full-length video seen:
Not sure either Run to the Hills or Aces High
First video purchased:
I've never bought a video

First vinyl: No vinyl
First cassette: No cassettes
First CD: Number of the Beast

First release bought multiple times:
Number of the Beast my first copy broke and I couldn't do without.

First Maiden concert:
7/4/2012 Maiden England so awesome :edmetal:

First Maiden shirt:
My dad's old Best of the Beast shirt

First non-shirt memorabilia:
None
First non-clothing memorabilia:
None

For the musicians...
First Maiden song learned:
Yeah. not at that level yet lol
First Maiden song played live:
n/a​

First Maiden concert:
June 5 2013, Paris (yes, the future)

First Maiden song learned (guitar):
Fear of the Dark partially, Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner fully except some parts of the solo

Don't think I've done this thread yet...

First song heard:
When the Wild Wind Blows (newbie here, obviously, a friend got me into Maiden and knew that a) I wasn't really into any music and b) I was a major intellectual, so he obviously succeeded in impressing me with a lengthy song with intelligent lyrics.

First single-song video seen:
Holy Smoke

First full album heard:
The Final Frontier

First album bought:
If From Fear To Eternity counts, then that. Otherwise, The Final Frontier

If it counts, I bought the En Vivo! DVD on release day. Other than that, none.

En Vivo!

First video purchased:
En Vivo!

First release bought multiple times:
None

First Maiden concert:
Maiden England Tour, Albuquerque, NM, USA - 12 August 2012

First Maiden shirt:
I got three at once: The Final Frontier album cover, "Icey Breath" SSoaSS, "Double Vision" SSoaSS

None
First non-clothing memorabilia:
None

I'm essentially a beginner in learning the guitar, but I'm beginning to learn Fear of the Dark, so that'll probably be my first.

First song heard:
Number of the Beast, Guitar hero 3

First full album heard:
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

First album bought:

Maiden England 88' I guess

Death on the Road

First video purchased:
En Vivo

First Maiden concert:
Maiden England Vancouver BC 7/29/12

First Maiden shirt:
I bought 3 at the canada show
Seventh Son Shirt
Stranger in a strange Land
Canada Rare shirt

I got 2 at the canada show
Maiden England Poster and
The Trooper Poster

Not Sure Ill name a few
When the Wild Wind Blows
Dance of Death
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

Technically it was Number of the Beast, because the song was in Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4, though at the time I did not know it was Maiden, and it would take me a couple years to actually get into them.

It was 2004, I was asking a friend over MSN Messenger about any new music I might like. He sent me, Fortunes of War, Blood on the Worlds Hand, The Clansman, Flight of Icarus, and few others I can't recall. I remember really liking what he sent. So I got a hold of Piece of Mind, and instantly hated it. It was too heavy, too metal for me.

Being sixteen, having no money, and not caring about downloading illegally, I downloaded the entire discography with the exception of Dance of Death, it wasn't part of the package, and I did not know it existed until later.

I spent sometime scrubbing through the songs, often jumping ahead a couple of minutes to see how heavy it got, and only kept the softer tracks. Strange World being my favourite at the time.

After a couple of months of just having my select softer songs, I stumbled across the Dance of Death album. I downloaded it and gave it a whirl. The title track really caught my attention, loved the intro, but then it suddenly got really heavy, and to my surprise, I wasn't put off by it. Instead I was blown away by the song.

That song made me go back and take another look at the entire catalog, and when I did, it suddenly clicked. It was a weird revelation when it stopped sounding like noise and started sounding like music. It suddenly made sense. Well, except for Where Eagles Dare, and Pashendale, the former sounding like a bucket on your head getting hit with a stick, the latter being a shrill pile of mud.

I caught Rock in Rio on tv just as I was really getting into them, still 2004, it was the first time I ever saw what the band looked like. Loved their energy. I think it was the original TV broadcast, which is weird come to think of it.

To this day, Maiden is the only Metal band I listen to, but they are my favourite band. I'm not sure why other metal hasn't clicked with me, perhaps if I gave them the time, and the multiple chances I gave Maiden, they would. But these days, I'm having trouble keeping up with music I know I like, so I think Maiden is going to continue being the only metal band for me.

The first release I got to be a part of was technically Death on the Road, but the first album release was A Matter of Life and Death, and boy was it something. I had planned to meet a cute girl for coffee, and just as I was going out the door, I saw on the forums that some stuff had leaked. No one was saying from where, and I was already running late. So I went to meet her. Maiden was all I could think about over coffee, I know that sounds lame, but it's true. I even ended our coffee date earlier than what would be a typical, and literally ran part of the way home.

And that's kind of it. I live in Vancouver BC, and have seen them twice. Both times alone, as none of my friends are into them. It was Somewhere Back in Time, and the first leg of The Final Frontier Tour, where the only new song was El Dorado, which I preferred, because I got to hear two of my favourite songs, Brave New World and Dance of Death. I missed the Maiden England tour. Money was tight, and Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son, are my two least favourite Bruce albums, so I didn't think it was worth going into debt over. Though maybe it would have been worth it, just so I could have seen Phantom.. Oh well.

Last edited:
First song heard:
Run to the Hills

First full album heard:
The Number of the Beast

Song that made me a fan:
Aces High

Song that that made IM an obsession:
Caught Somewhere in Time

First album bought:

The Final Frontier

Donnington 2007

First video purchased:
Death on the Road

First Maiden concert:
The Final Frontier Tour, Tampa, FL 4/17/11

First Maiden shirt:
Somewhere in Time

Song: Ides of March - Killers - 1981

First on TV: Rock inRio 1985 (i was 12)
First Concert: 1992 - Fear of the dark tour
First album heard: Killers
Video: Behind the Iron Curtain

First song? Flight of Icarus.
First album? No prayer for the dying
First concert? Maiden England on tape and Give me Ed 'till i'm dead in person. :)

The first Maiden song I ever heard was The Trooper via its music video on Youtube.
The first album I listened to was Piece of Mind almost immediately after.

Fear Of The Dark.

I started out listening to JP and was looking for similar artists. This was the first Maiden song I found.

"The Wicker Man" at a friend's place. Liked Brave New World at first listen and bought it myself almost directly after. Guess this was early 00's sometime, have no recollection of exact year.

First song heard:
Moonchild

First full album heard:

First album bought:
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (given to me on cassette in 1989, where my love affair started)

No Prayer For The Dying

Maiden England VHS

First video purchased:
Maiden England VHS

First Maiden concert:
Manchester July 2011

First Maiden shirt:
Can't remember, but it was around 1990

Donington 88 program (given to me by my cousin who attended)

Not sure seeing as I've been playing guitar since 1994, but the last one I learned was If Eternity Should Fail (minus solo's at the minute)

First song:
Blood Brothers or The Wicker Man, 2005 (but didn't grab me immediately, probably because I was 11 and immature :p)

First video:
Different World, 2006 (the song pursued me to explore Maiden's discography)

Album:
AMLOAD, 2006

Song that convinced me about Maiden:
Wasted Years, 2006

Couldnt even begin to tell the first ever song I heard but my ah ha moment came from seeing the Clairvoyant video and thinking theres something oddly disjointed about this song but the crowd is absolutley lapping this up. There must be something to this. These twins I grew up with were always wearing Iron Maiden shirts but until about '87 or so I thought Metal was a bunch of shite so I always dismissed them. Little did I know...

The Number of the Beast, but Run To The Hills was the first I listened to with the volume at audible level.

Back