First Maiden song heard

rionmaiden

Prowler
Can you remember the first time you heard Maiden and what song/album it was... rock on...

My first was Purgatory and I was hooked from that moment 25 odd years ago, and as I liked the Eddie
on the front of the album so much, I had no choice but to steal it from my older sister's boyfriend, and I
still have that same album in my vast collection today. Thanks for the good memories Iron Maiden...

Pretty sure there's one like this somewhere, but oh well.

Some 4 years ago, I heard Run to the Hills on the game SSX ON TOUR.
I thought it was pretty cool but didnt think much of it.
After about half a year this new guy, a metalhead, joined my school and we started hanging out, and he tried to make me like some of his bands. When I asked for something a little less growly (I liked linkin park and green day back then, and it makes me sick to my stomach to think about it!) He played some Maiden songs. At first I didnt pay much attention, but then he played Run to the Hills , and I recognized it! After I said I like that song, but the vocalist sings like a woman(Yep, I said that the first week I listened to Maiden. Kill me now!) He played Phantom, and I was hooked since then.

Now I'm a bigger fan then he is by far, and I actually listen to some GOOD music! :p

^Long post is long.

Very difficult to remember, but i think it was The Number of the Beast, 13-14 years ago, Real Dead One version. I didn't find the light, i was more.. what the hell is this ?  :blink:  :bigsmile:

Rotam said:
Very difficult to remember, but i think it was The Number of the Beast, 13-14 years ago, Real Dead One version. I didn't find the light, i was more.. what the hell is this ?  :blink:  :bigsmile:

I was so in awe, that the 'what the hell's it' impression was the light itself. :blink: :bigsmile:

I am amazed by the memory of some people here. One of you was around 4 years old, the other 4 weeks.

Hmm, I wonder which Maiden song my son heard first. I already forgot that, but maybe he'll tell it on this forum one day. Apparently that's possible. ::)

Me? Well, it could be Can I Play With Madness (the video on TV), big chance.
But this didn't get me into Maiden yet. Nor did the two singles (also video clips) from No Prayer For The Dying, which I still recorded on cassette, but didn't urge me to buy more.

First Maiden song that got me seriously into Maiden was Prowler, in the summer of 1991, but you can read the expanded edition of this happening and how I got the virus in another topic.  ;)

Lord of the Flies 3 years ago. I was reading the book in English lessons and googled it and listened to the song as a result. I did like the song but after researching Maiden a little I decided to listen to Run to the Hills and Number of the Beast next. They didn't do much for me (and still don't) so I wandered off and went into metal via the Metallica route before heading back towards Maiden upon hearing the Trooper. I've only been listening to them properly for 9 months or so.

Forostar said:
I am amazed by the memory of some people here. One of you was around 4 years old, the other 4 weeks.

Hmm, I wonder which Maiden song my son heard first. I already forgot that, but maybe he'll tell it on this forum one day. Apparently that's possible. ::)

Me? Well, it could be Can I Play With Madness (the video on TV), big chance.
But this didn't get me into Maiden yet. Nor did the two singles (also video clips) from No Prayer For The Dying, which I still recorded on cassette, but didn't urge me to buy more.

First Maiden song that got me seriously into Maiden was Prowler, in the summer of 1991, but you can read the expanded edition of this happening and how I got the virus in another topic;)

Well, I only remember because my dad was obsessed with that song and put it constantly on repeat. He was in love with the solos or something. It's how I think I even learned how to speak, through singing that song. So I SHOULD remember it. XD

How old is your son? i just imagined a four-year-old singing Purgatory.

Back