Fear of the dark as Maiden's anthem?

Do you think that Fear of the dark is a Maiden anthem.

• Absolutely. Fear of the dark is Maiden's anthem

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • It's the song I always think of when thinking about what song would have that status

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think Fear of the dark is the closest song to being Maiden's anthem

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No, I dont.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Fear is no more of an anthem than HBTN, TNOTB, IM or The trooper

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

Urizen

Trooper
Everytime I hear Fear of the dark, I feel something different than hearing most of other Maiden songs(I know, that's because every song is a story for itself), not in terms of quality, but something else. I mean its the feeling I get from the entire song, not just one or two parts of it. I mean it's not my favourite song, I think(I don't have a favourite IM song ). Lately I have been thinking of it as Maiden's anthem.
And if you have suggestions about putting more options in the poll, just let me know.
Share your thoughts.

I would have to agree.  It has a certain energy live, and that's what sets it apart-it breathes life into the crowd and it makes for a phenomenal live performance...even more so than numbers such as The Trooper, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Iron Maiden, Run to the Hills et al.

I chose the last option.  This is probably because they have played Iron Maiden at every concert since 1970-something ;)

The poll question only requires a yes or no answer. Yet, five options are given. The first three amount to "yes", and the last two to "no".
Furthermore, I've seen other polls lately that shouldn't even really be polls.

I know everyone likes making silly polls, but can we possibly show a little restraint here? Yes-or-no questions don't make good polls.

Let's keep our standards high; after all, this isn't the IMBB or "Maiden Fans United". This is FORUM.MAIDENFANS.COM, motherfuckers; show some class! :bigsmile:

Just an opinion from your friendly neighborhood moderator. B)

I said no.  The reason is quite simple.  It's not the song that fully describes Iron Maiden imo.  Although great musically,  the lyrics aren't that good.  For me Paschendale is Iron Maiden.  It has everything.  The excellent music and the thoughtful lyrics.

The question is ambiguous: for me, Fear of the Dark is a Maiden anthem, but not the Maiden anthem. I don't think there's one definitive song that epitomizes Maiden, but if there had to be one I'd probably pick Hallowed Be Thy Name.

Back