Favourite Blaze Bayley co-written track

with Maiden of course ;-)

• Judgement Day (Bayley, Gers)

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I Live My Way (Harris, Bayley, Gers)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Man On The Edge (Bayley, Gers)

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Look For The Truth (Bayley, Gers, Harris)

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • The Aftermath (Harris, Bayley, Gers)

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • The Edge Of Darkness (Harris, Bayley, Gers)

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • 2 A.M. (Bayley, Gers, Harris)

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Virus (Harris, Gers, Murray, Bayley)

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Futureal (Harris, Bayley)

• When Two Worlds Collide (Murray, Bayley, Harris)

• Como Estais Amigos (Gers, Bayley)

• Dream of Mirrors

• Total voters
Took me a long time to figure this out - The Edge of Darkness has got to be it for me.  I love the song, quite thoroughly.  It was between that, 2 AM, and When Two Worlds Collide...but The Edge of Darkness has that unique edge a Maiden song only gets when coming from a work of literature.

2AM for me. It is a sad song, but still it is so good.

I would not like to be as alone as the character portrayed in that song.

From what I remember, and I've only listened to X Factor a few times, I liked 2AM and Edge Of Darkness...

I think 2AM is a little better  :)

has to be 2am for me, very sad song with great lyrics, portays the experience of loneliness very well.

Another poll which I can't choose in. I'm tempted to vote for "Virus", but then "Look For The Truth", "The Aftermath", "Judgement Of Heaven", "2 AM", "Futureal" and "Como Estais Amigos" are giving me the angry look...

Natalie said:
Como Estais Amigos. It's been growing on me for the past months.

I second that Natalie, just listened to it yesterday, and although I voted for 2AM, I think Como Estais Amigos is 2nd!

*should've gotten TXF and VXI a long time ago!*  :bigsmile:

I'll vote for Virus! Maiden's lyrics hardly got so emotional and angry like on this song. I love the instrumental parts with the keyboards, later on.

For me it comes down to two tracks: The Aftermath, which is a song I am appreciating more and more (I think it's one of my top 3-4 songs from The X Factor) and Como Estais Amigos which is one of my favourites from Virtual XI.

I think I rate The Aftermath a little notch higher right now, the song is very powerful and that appeals to me.

Virus

I consider Virus different from most other Maiden songs. The most emotional of the songs and I like the authentic anger and the surprising and contrasting musical parts.

Thanks for bumping such an old thread :p

Anyway, for me it's Como Estais Amigos because it's one of my favourite Blaze songs, second place maybe goes to The Aftermath.

Back