Favourite B-side....?

So what is it...?

Mine would be either The Sheriff of Huddershield because its so hilarious...and its also a good song..... or maybe Reach Out...its so different to any other Maiden song and it cool to hear Adrian singing...

[!--quoteo(post=130758:date=Mar 4 2006, 06:03 PM:name=Stratocaster)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Stratocaster @ Mar 4 2006, 06:03 PM) [snapback]130758[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
...it cool to hear Adrian singing...
[/quote]
You know what time it is!

Adrian Smith employs sixteen trained monkeys to manufacture his custom guitar picks.
Adrian Smith never needs to purchase fuel because he sweats pure diesel.
Adrian Smith designs skyscrapers while travelling from show to show.
Adrian Smith once summoned a demon with a guitar solo, then killed it, grilled it and had a tasty sandwich.
Adrian Smith owns a four-star seafood restaurant staffed entirely by Ancient Mariners.

I'll stop there - this isn't the madness forum, after all.

On topic: my favorite is "Judgement Day".

[!--quoteo(post=130781:date=Mar 5 2006, 08:31 AM:name=SinisterMinisterX)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Mar 5 2006, 08:31 AM) [snapback]130781[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]You know what time it is...[/quote]You brought tears into my eyes, SMX [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

I actually think Maiden is a band of great B-side material - be it "Judgement Day" or "Virus". But my favourite is "Reach Out" :: I really love Adrian's cheerful voice and the rocky feel of the song. It just makes me happy.

We all know that the best Maiden B-Side is the cover of Doctor, Doctor. Blaze's voice was just made for this song and they even used it on their last tour.

Notable mentions: Reach Out, Sherrif of Huddersfield, Rainbow's Gold, Judgement Day. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"B)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"cool.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=130784:date=Mar 5 2006, 12:46 AM:name=SilentLucidity)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SilentLucidity @ Mar 5 2006, 12:46 AM) [snapback]130784[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I actually think Maiden is a band of great B-side material - be it "Judgement Day" or "Virus".
[/quote]
Virus was an A-side.

[!--quoteo(post=130796:date=Mar 5 2006, 03:22 AM:name=Conor)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Mar 5 2006, 03:22 AM) [snapback]130796[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
We all know that the best Maiden B-Side is the cover of Doctor, Doctor. Blaze's voice was just made for this song and they even used it on their last tour.
[/quote]
If you mean they used their own cover, you are incorrect - the song they play before concerts is the original UFO version of "Doctor Doctor".

[!--quoteo(post=130797:date=Mar 5 2006, 11:45 AM:name=SinisterMinisterX)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Mar 5 2006, 11:45 AM) [snapback]130797[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Virus was an A-side.[/quote] [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":(\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sad.gif\" /] Now you made me cry, even.
Oh well, I've only been here for less than a month, so I can live with a grain of n00bishness. I'm just thankful that I haven't been flamed so far.

Judgement Day is also a great song, but I prefer I Live My Way, if only or the lyrical content [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=130797:date=Mar 5 2006, 10:45 AM:name=SinisterMinisterX)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Mar 5 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]130797[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
If you mean they used their own cover, you are incorrect - the song they play before concerts is the original UFO version of "Doctor Doctor".
[/quote]
It doesn't really make much of a difference, with all of the crowd noise etc, it was hard enough to tell the vocalist *puts on flame proof jacket*

Kill Me Ce Soir!

Not a Maiden song, but one of the best covers I've ever heard by anyone - with the exception of "Am I Evil" by Metallica.

Best B-side? Lots to choose from in the 80s and early 90s. My favourite is probably Cross-Eyed Mary. But then King of Twilight is also superb... Then there's Reach Out and That Girl... Or the inspired Kill Me Ce Soir (Holy Smoke was a brilliant single package IMHO. I remember the free massive tour poster fondly [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /] ).

I'm hoping for some interesting B-sides on the singles from the new album, i.e. original tracks or covers not jams of filler remixes. I'd love to hear a Deep Purple cover.

"I'd love to hear a Deep Purple cover."

that would rule...

Bruce sang 'Black knight' with some band on a special edition of his 6 music rok show once....would be fantastic to hear it played by some people who can manage the solos and stuff....ie Maiden.

[!--quoteo(post=131483:date=Mar 11 2006, 02:17 AM:name=Stratocaster)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Stratocaster @ Mar 11 2006, 02:17 AM) [snapback]131483[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Bruce sang 'Black knight' with some band on a special edition of his 6 music rok show once....would be fantastic to hear it played by some people who can manage the solos and stuff....ie Maiden.
[/quote]

He aslo did some of the vocals on the Rock Aid single (around 1990 I think) this been a cover of "Smoke..."

I would love to hear a Purple cover done by Maiden, something of the Gillan era.

Black Bart Blues. Musically, it is better than most Maiden A-sides. Lyrically it is rather bad and the voices are meh as well, but it is still great nonetheless.

[!--quoteo(post=131483:date=Mar 11 2006, 03:17 AM:name=Stratocaster)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Stratocaster @ Mar 11 2006, 03:17 AM) [snapback]131483[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[/quote]

"Black Night". According to Purple themselves, this is one of the most misspelled song titles ever [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

When Maiden orginally released TNOTB as an album they couldnt fit "Total Eclipse" on and it had to go as a B Side. It was later added to the album when released in CD format and is a great little rocker.

Sheriff of Huddersfield - where I live and it's a great piss take on Yorkshire puds

Reach Out - Every Adrian fan will love this although the highlight is Bruce's backing vocals

best B side is when maiden coverd comunication breakdown

I liked Bruce's voice on "Cross Eyed Mary".
"Women in Uniform" was also interesting, different sound from the other songs of the period.

Total Eclipse (1982) and King of Twilight (1984) are my favorite. Then Cross-eyed Mary comes.
I also love Charlotte the Harlot sung by Bruce (1988).

I wish we could have some interesting bsides when the new singles arrive. I've no high hopes, however......
What if the boys were to record a cover of something like "Echoes" (Pink Floyd) or "Achilles last stand" (Zepp)?

Doctor Doctor

Mission From Harry is also good for shits n giggles

Back