Votes: 16 9.7%
  • Dance Of Death

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • A Matter Of Life And Death

Votes: 21 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 albums almost get this award from me... Powerslave, SSOAS, SIT, and AMOLAD. In the end I had to go with AMOLAD because I feel it's the most consistent.

Brave New World is probably my favorite if I had to pick one. Otherwise it rotates between NOTB, POM, Powerslave, SIT, SSOSS, BNW, DOD, and AMOLAD

Well, through the years there were always several songs I didn't enjoy as much as the rest on each album, up until X Factor, where I loved all of the album (except Lord of the Flies at first, but it grew on me after some time and now I love it). The post-Blaze Bruce albums also fell into the Completely Love camp, and I had to vote for AMOLAD because I loved all of it from the first time I heard it, and still do to this day. They played the full album when I saw them on that tour... That doesn't affect my vote, but it was a really awesome treat that I wasn't expecting. :)

Had to go with Iron Maiden since it was my first.

Top Ten (order of these varies daily)

Iron Maiden
Killers
Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son
Brave New World
Dance of Death
A Matter of Life and Death

After 6 listens The Final Frontier will land amongst the above ten. I don't care for albums 8-11 much.

Cheers :cheers:

I find it IMPOSSIBLE to choose a favorite. Ive always thought of each album(with the possible exception of FOTD and VXI) as being its own, unique masterpiece, which is why it kind of annoys me when some fans can only see maidens albums as classic era, 90s era, blaze era and post reunion era. to me, they have no 2 albums that are alike.NoTB is quite diverse, but still the near punkish attitude. POM has heviness and structural diversity while Powerslave is more succinct and full of impact. then there is SIT, which is very emotional and atmospheric and experimental followed by SSOASS which has more of a mystical tinge and is quite unpredictable in places. skipping a couple albums we have BNW which has some of the emotion from SIT, but adds more musical tension. DOD is an extremely vibrant and colourful affair, and is arguably maidens most flamboyant record.AMOLAD is quite a contrast to DOD (with the possible exception of the musical likeness to paschendale, though i feel that paschendale still aquries a sense of flamboyance) and is very dark and driving.

alright, if i HAD to choose, with regard to what i listen to most and how awesome they make me feel i woul say...
Somewhere in..Dance of...Number...Power...No Prayer...Seventh s....dammit. I thought i was strong enough :p
Ok........favorite is...............THE FINAL FRONTIER!!!! (no,seriously)

1. Powerslave
2. Piece of Mind
3. Somewhere in Time
4. Iron Maiden
5. The Number of the Beast - Killers - A Matter of Life and Death - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son tied.

And The Final Frontier can get the fifth place.

1. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
2. Somewhere in Time
3. Piece of Mind
4. The Final Frontier
5. The X Factor (If you include Virus, otherwise BNW goes here)

lordantwarrior said:
My favourite album is easily Powerslave. Not a single weak song, and 2 of my absolute favourite songs in Powerslave and the underrated Duellists. Rime of the Ancient Mariner is also awesome when I have time to listen to it all! And of course the two classics Aces High and 2 Minutes to Midnight. What an album!

Although saying that... Piece of Mind, Number of the Beast and Somewhere In Time are close close in second! Special mention also to the Diannio albums, which I also consder some of Maiden's absolute best work. That chunk of Maiden (1980-1986) is my favourite and when I think that they released these 6 albums in the space of 7 years, it is really quite amazing. I mean seriously, how many bands today could you ask to create 6 perfect albums in 7 years? How many bands period are capable of such things? Maiden is truly unique. When I listen to Maiden I am in awe of not just the musical talent, but of the band itself, for it's utter dedication to it's work. I mean not only did they release 6 albums in 7 years, but they were doing World Tours through many of those years. I think the main reason SIT was the first album to take a year stopgap was because the World Slavery Tour was so big! Anyhow I digress... Maiden have shown dedication many bands aren't even capable of... creating musical masterpieces since 1980 :)

If I must write something slightly negative about '80s Maiden, then it's that I never really got into Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. I like a few songs but whenever I listen to it I quite find it more of a slog than an utter pleasure as I do with the previous albums. But then I can still see it's musical creativity and the reason many fans love it- it is a masterpiece in story telling (I have listened through it a few times) and many people love that concept aspect of it- it's just not for me.
AMEN MY MAIDEN BROTHER....very well said

The moderators are closing and restarting some of the polls, since they are now out of date (with the new album and all the new members). So this poll is now closed and locked, and a new poll about the best album will be starting soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back