Votes: 16 9.7%
  • Dance Of Death

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • A Matter Of Life And Death

Votes: 21 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite album must be Somewhere in Time, it has many great songs like Stranger in a Strange land, Alexander the Great, Deja Vú , Caught Somewhere in Time and especially Heaven Can Wait.

Somewhere in Time was the first album I listened to.

I think that SSoaSS is my fave.
Although Powerslave, AMOLAD and TNOTB are very close to it.
And just about every other maiden album that didnt come out in the 90's.
Besides maybe TXF.

I went for 7th son, it was the first album i owned, i loved a specific riff towards the end of the title track that much that i damaged the tape from stopping and rewinding constantly, so now when i listen to it on cd, it brings back memories of being 9 years old again...seven deadly sins, seven ways to win....

1. Powerslave
2. A Matter Of Life And Death
3. Somewhere In Time
4. The Number Of The Beast
5. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
6. Piece Of Mind
7. Brave New World
8. The X-Factor
9. Iron Maiden
10. Dance Of Death
11. Killers
12. Virtual XI
13. Fear Of The Dark
15. No Prayer For The Dying

14. Virtual XI (but I do love The Clansman, and Futureal and Como are great as well.)
13. No Prayer for the Dying (kinda empty.)
12. Iron Maiden (it's the title track. and I don't care for Di'Anno's vocals here.)
11. The X Factor (some great tracks, but the album depresses me. too dark.)
10. Fear of the Dark (but those big four songs are spellbinding: BQoBD, Childhood's End, AtSS and FotD.)
these are impossible:
9. Number of the Beast (eh... kinda overrated. some great, underrated songs on there though.)
8. Dance of Death (underrated album.)
7. Killers (I like Bruce's audition tape for the title track.:D)
6. Brave New World (brilliant "comeback" album.)
5. Piece of Mind (my first album. almost flawless with one zit.)
4. Somewhere in Time [flawless. I wish there were Dickinson songs on there (that he wasn't so bitter the whole tour), which is my only complaint.]
3. A Matter of Life and Death (absolutely brilliant. 10 amazing songs.)
2. Powerslave (why is it called Fillerslave sometimes? I love every single song on this album. FotB and LW are totally underrated.)
1. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son [I'm so cliche. These ARE the eight best songs put together. Every song is brilliant. Every song is perfect. It's very atmospheric and totally different from the book (which I am reading right now). Best album by a mile.]

My favourite album is easily Powerslave. Not a single weak song, and 2 of my absolute favourite songs in Powerslave and the underrated Duellists. Rime of the Ancient Mariner is also awesome when I have time to listen to it all! And of course the two classics Aces High and 2 Minutes to Midnight. What an album!

Although saying that... Piece of Mind, Number of the Beast and Somewhere In Time are close close in second! Special mention also to the Diannio albums, which I also consder some of Maiden's absolute best work. That chunk of Maiden (1980-1986) is my favourite and when I think that they released these 6 albums in the space of 7 years, it is really quite amazing. I mean seriously, how many bands today could you ask to create 6 perfect albums in 7 years? How many bands period are capable of such things? Maiden is truly unique. When I listen to Maiden I am in awe of not just the musical talent, but of the band itself, for it's utter dedication to it's work. I mean not only did they release 6 albums in 7 years, but they were doing World Tours through many of those years. I think the main reason SIT was the first album to take a year stopgap was because the World Slavery Tour was so big! Anyhow I digress... Maiden have shown dedication many bands aren't even capable of... creating musical masterpieces since 1980 :)

If I must write something slightly negative about '80s Maiden, then it's that I never really got into Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. I like a few songs but whenever I listen to it I quite find it more of a slog than an utter pleasure as I do with the previous albums. But then I can still see it's musical creativity and the reason many fans love it- it is a masterpiece in story telling (I have listened through it a few times) and many people love that concept aspect of it- it's just not for me.

Mine are:
1. Back in Black - AC/DC
2. Appetite for Destruction - Guns N' Roses
3. Quadrophenia - The Who
4. Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin
5. Story of the Clash - The Clash
6. Queen II - Queen
7. Sticky Fingers - The Rolling Stones
8. American Idiot - Green Day
9. Who's Next - The Who
10. Highway to Hell - AC/DC

AMOLAD may never be a classic like Piece Of Mind or Number Of the Beast, but the songwriting is just so good, I have no choice but to vote AMOLAD.

Iron Maiden. The original and, despite the best efforts of NotB, PoM, Powerslave, 7th Son, and AMoLaD, still the best.

I've changed my vote from AMOLAD to SIT.  The latter has really grown on me, especially the heaviness and the airy guitars.

I went with Somewhere In Time.  B)

I'd rank them like this.....

14. The X Factor
13. Virtual XI
12. No Prayer For The Dying
11. Dance Of Death
10. Fear Of The Dark
9. Killers
8. A Matter Of Life And Death
7. Brave New World
6. Iron Maiden
5. Powerslave