Favorite Maiden Album (2010 Edition, voting closed)

What is your favorite Iron Maiden album?

• Iron Maiden

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Killers

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • The Number Of The Beast

Votes: 19 7.7%
  • Piece Of Mind

Votes: 29 11.7%
  • Powerslave

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Somewhere In Time

Votes: 32 12.9%
  • Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Votes: 48 19.4%
  • No Prayer For The Dying

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Fear Of The Dark

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • The X Factor

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Virtual XI

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Dance Of Death

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • A Matter Of Life And Death

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • The Final Frontier

Votes: 19 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
Maiden has a new album out, so it's time for a new Best Album poll. Now old members can update their answer in light of TFF.

Remember, it is strongly encouraged for all members to post what they're voting for and why. Also remember you can change your vote!

I'm voting for Brave New World. It's a choice between that and POM. Both are two of Maiden's best albums, with even the fillers being solid songs.

On the other hand, I won't vote for TFF at this time. It's too new and I'm still absorbing it.

In ten years' time you will have realized that Revelations, The Trooper, Still Life, Die With Your Boots On, Flight of Icarus, Where Eagles Dare, and To Tame A Land could take the top 7 on every other album in a fight. Icarus is scrappy!

I refuse to say TFF after one week, but it has potential.
I think I'll go with the one with the lobotomized zombie thing on the cover.  ;)

Well, I LOVE when the songs have great production, and there goes Iron Maiden. Killers do, but I simply don't like it.

90's albums are just crap (not really, but they are compared to the rest of their material...)

The rest of the albums are awesome...

My vote goes to SSOASS.

As always, I'm voting for The X-Factor. The unique, dense mood and atmosphere of the album as of yet remained unmatched, by any record I've heard. The entire album is a single highlight, with only Man on the Edge being a (very slight) drop from the rest of the material.

Close seconds would be Piece of Mind and Brave New World.

SSOASS, unlike some I have an absolute soft spot in my heart for Can I Play With Madness? and thus the only song that doesn't really do everything for me is The Prophecy. Somewhere in Time is amazing and in my opinion has no weak songs, but SSOASS is despite having one song I don't exactly prefer is still stronger an album overall.

TFF is new, and so I won't vote for it yet either, but I think it's the best after reunion. I'll go with Powerslave, POM is a close second.

I'm actually gonna go with the X Factor on this one.  Everything but Judgement of Heaven is strong, and it has a fantastic, consistent mood.

As others have said on here, I won't vote for The Final Frontier because I need more time to absorb it. It does have potential though.

I ended up voting for Brave New World, with The X Factor and Seventh Son as close seconds. Brave New World is consistent, just as the other two are on my list but it just happens to have more of my favorites on it. Between the title track, The Wicker Man, Blood Brothers, The Nomad, and Out of the Silent Planet, the thing is won. But it could be that sentimentality plays into my choice since it was the first studio album I purchased and really got into. And Blood Brothers is the reason I started listening to Maiden in the first place...

Back