Favorite Iron Maiden Voice

Who is your favourite Iron Maiden vocalist?

• Paul Di'Anno

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Bruce Dickinson

Votes: 136 87.2%
  • Blaze Bayley

Votes: 9 5.8%

• Total voters
I voted for Paul D'Ianno simply because the first Maiden album I listened to was Killers, and that's when I got hooked. His vocals were unique and Maiden's style was very dark back in the early days.

However in my opinion, Bruce will always as most of you have pointed out "be" Maiden simply 'cos he is the voice; they've done more albums with him and thus been more successful. Therefore he has to be mentioned as he took Maiden somewhere else.

It's so hard to choose though...

Blaze is also good vocally.

I like them all, but Bruce is the 'sound' of Maiden to me.  Its the voice i like best for Maiden.

I would definitely vote for Bruce. The other singers are pretty good, but Bruce would be the perfect voice for maiden, especially his legendary screams!

ManOnTheEdge said:
Bruce, hands down. That guy's vocal range is beyond anything one can imagine. He is our one and only Air Raid Siren.  :yey: :yey: :yey:

Yeah. I bet he is the only one who can sing E#.  :bigsmile:
To SMX: All right, Smith can do it to.

I voted Di'anno, probably because he appeals to the Punk side of me :)
Although, Bruce is of course THE "Maiden voice", and Blaze is brilliant in his own right too.

I really like all three vocalists . Paul and Blaze were good for their time , but Bruce is , without a doubt , the true voice of Maiden . Aside from the voice , the man has a great stage presence . :)

The Air Raid Siren, of course.

However, i #do# like Di' Anno, Blaze and H.  ;)

I prefer both Paul and Blaze over Bruce, although the best music from the band certainly didn't come from their tenures exclusively.

Bruce of course.
Although i am having an early days craze at the moment, and Paul's voice is full of WIN.

Bruce is a God. Along with the current members of Maiden. My vote goes to him. He's my favorite singer of all time next to Rob Halford.

Back