European Politics

You can also try applying for scholarships for some master program, I think that would also make it easier for you to get there. If you get any kind of degree in Canada, you get bonus points that would help you get a permanent residence approval. Even more points if you speak both English and French. I was looking all this up for myself few weeks ago and I think you have a better shot at it than me since I think the translating stuff you study is more needed than political sciences that I study. Plus you're younger.

CSIS, gentlemen. Apply to work for CSIS. They're always looking for analysts and translators. Also you'd live and work in Ottawa.

According to a survey from IPSOS regarding the constitutional referendum:

Correlation between votes and education level

None & Primary School: 70% Yes, 30% No
Middle School: 57% Yes, 43% No
High School: 42% Yes, 58% No
University & Above: 39% Yes, 61% No

Correlation between votes and city centers/rural areas

City centers: 48% Yes, 52% No
Rural areas: 62% Yes, 38% No

Out of the 17 cities whose annual contribution to the Turkish economy exceed 1.5 million Turkish liras:

5 voted Yes (Kocaeli, Bursa, Konya, Samsun, Kayseri)
12 voted No (Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir, Antalya, Adana, Hatay, Mersin, Zonguldak, Manisa, Muğla, Tekirdağ, Eskişehir)

Turkey is shackled by its unproductive, uneducated population.

Last edited:
She's got an interesting opponent on the rise. I put my hopes on the 39 year old Emmanuel Macron.

He used the term "liberal" to describe himself. However, he added that he is "neither right nor left", certainly "not ultra-liberal", and that he advocates "a collective solidarity". I heard a lot of people like the "neither right nor left"-thing, since they get tired of having always the same sides.

This could be the only person to stop Le Pen.
Macron and Le Pen are heading for the second round! Let's hope Macron will beat her as hell.
Outside France, others are also happy about Macron's chances.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AuswaertigesAmt/status/856226359873605632

Last edited:
iAPsYJ6.png

Turkish election board announced their reasoned decision for refusing the appeals against the referendum today. This is one of their statements:

"A full state of unlawfulness did not occur."

How much unlawfulness did occur, I wonder. 10%? Half? 78.5%?

Chaos in Macedonia. Center-left party has formed a government with the Albanians excluding the strongest party (right wing) and the right-wing president is refusing to give mandate to them. Tonight an Albanian became president of the Parliament, so protestors entered the Parliament and bashed the heads of the center-left and Albanian leaders.

In unrelated news: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/...-ramush-haradinaj-serbia-170427101753378.html

<_<

I could not be happier than today. Saw Maiden yesterday and discussed about the french election with two nice swedish fans. And today, the extreme right and cryptofascist sow (no offense to pigs, I love them) is defeated with a rather low score.

Last edited:
It was never in doubt though, was it? Not surprised at all that Macron annihilated Le Pen by gathering all anti-Le Pen votes.

It was never in doubt though, was it? Not surprised at all that Macron annihilated Le Pen by gathering all anti-Le Pen votes.
Well, two weeks ago, the dynamics were clearly in favor of Le Pen. And the danger was so high, that there is a huge relief. The woman is a terrible threat, as her menace towards the judges and those working for the state have shown. And we have discovered something rather new for our country: the use of lies, fake news on an industrial scale. I think that the enquiries launched by the department of Justice will be very illuminating in that respect, and that we will learn a lot about the role of foreign powers in this campaign.

Last edited:
Back