1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Empire of the Clouds vinyl single for Record Store Day

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by MrKnickerbocker, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

33 euro out here (jn one shop at least). But it sure looks interesting to get!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  2. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon My Maiden show was a SUPER EMOTIONAL EXPERIENCE!

3. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

I did wonder how they'd handle this, given that the song is meant to be sincere, so Eddie smashing the airship wouldn't sit right. And a Maiden record cover without Eddie doesn't feel right. Eddie trying in vain to catch the airship works a lot better. :)

Travis The Dragon likes this.
  4. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

It is nice art indeed, and with that pesky reaper showing up so prominently.

5. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Self-propelled artillery Staff Member

Yeah, not too bad!

6. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

That is pretty cool ... Still almost wish they did one for Tears of a Clown .. the artwork for that is pretty damn cool.

7. Donner

Donner Ancient Mariner

Sweet art. I'm already mentally preparing to not find this (there are no decent record stores in my area that I'm aware of that will stock this), that way if I do it'll be a nice bonus!

8. Niall Kielt

Niall Kielt Pulled Her At The Bottle Top

They might go for Tears later, the arts already there, more accessible formats, try to get a chart hit in support of the Fabled Second Leg. I know its been a long tie since they did 3 singles but Empire doesn't really count. Unless they do a radio edit (not happenin)

9. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway Yacht Rock

I love the artwork.

10. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Tomorrow is the day, found 3 stores that will have it that are close to one another .. I'll be up early tomorrow to go snag it.

11. Collin

Collin Jambi

I shall attempt to pick up a copy later tomorrow.

12. Powerslave76

Powerslave76 Invader

I'll be going tomorrow to pick this up as well. I love Record Store Day.

13. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

I do too, it is fun to hang out with people and talking about music, I always enjoyed going to record stores in the pre-internet days in part to talk to random people about how great/bad an album/show was. Especially on a release day with a bunch of fans of the same band. Fuck, I am old

Travis The Dragon likes this.
  14. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon My Maiden show was a SUPER EMOTIONAL EXPERIENCE!

I remember going to the midnight release of Metallica's Load. Even though it wasn't vinyl, it was tons of fun.

15. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

Until you went home and listened to the album right? :p

16. i just picked mine up today, it rather anoying as the cover has a whole for the picture disc so the eddie on the cover is the disc but it sounds so good

17. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

So the Eddie image is on the disc itself, not the cover?

18. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

That's how I read it. RSD picture discs typically don't have any cover so it makes sense.

19. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Yea, it is the disc showing through a hole in the cover, which is pretty much what I expected when I saw the pic of the cover. In any case, I hacked my way through hordes of hipsters and snagged it along with a few Cheap Trick albums. They had 12 of the Maiden ones, I looked on eBay and they are selling for $75 .. I paid $21.99 ...

20. Srogyy

Srogyy Ancient Mariner

Looks like a nice investment. ;) Do you think you will sell it in future or keep it?