Drifter

How good is Drifter on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Together with Innocent Exile the least special of Killers and one of the (if not the) worst of the Di'Anno era. The riffs are a bit repetitive, and I find the vocals monotone. I still like the variation in the middle and the solos bring it up again to a 6.

I gave it a 4/10.  Never got into it.  Repetitive and the music does not make up for it. I like Grapetrap's explanation of the lyrics up above.

10 out of 10... This song has been one of my favorite Maiden tunes for many years. A good old fashioned blues rocker that gets the old head banging every time. Adrian's solo with the heavy wah might not be one of his most technical, but it's one of his best. I can remember wall shaking house parties in high school when it was the rule that Drifter had to be cranked up to levels to make your ears bleed. I LOVED this tune as a kid... still do.

I like this one a lot. I don't get why some people don't like it much. The lyrics aren't great but it reflects Steve's influences at the time. I like Paul's vocals on this one as well (he shines on this whole album) and it is a great way to end a great album. 9/10

4/10. This and Prodigal Son are the only two reasons why I can't let the otherwise smashing album be part of my Top 5 Maiden albums.

Opening riff is good, but I don't like that "sing it along, blah, blah" part. Paul sings really good here. 5/10.

I always loved how this song closes the album.
I don't see anything wrong about the lyrics.I love the insane and long solo at the end. 9/10

8/10 - killers lesser brother of prowler... again below par lyrics but energy revives it, sorry if my reviews are short in this album but for me it a very underwhelming album

Lyrics aren't anything special here, especially on the studio version, but great energy, and I like the riff. 7/10

Back