Dream Theater

Been awhile since I've gone through their catalog, but I remember one of their easier songs actually being Divine Wings of Tragedy.

From the DT Facebook page..

The band and I strive to bring the best show possible to our fans in every city that we play. To our fans in Houston, Nashville, Phoenix, and Buffalo, we apologize for the confusion around the announcement and subsequent cancellation of those shows. In Phoenix, we apologize for the unanticipated venue change, and Buffalo has now been moved to Rochester. Unfortunately the Images, Words & Beyond tour production didn’t fit into the original venues booked. We’re looking forward to playing for you all! We truly regret any inconvenience this may have caused, and to our fans in Houston and Nashville: we promise to be back!

We’re also aware of problems within our system getting tour dates and correct ticketing information up, especially in light of all the changes. We value your loyalty and dedication to Dream Theater immensely, and we ask for your forgiveness and patience. Safeguards are being put into place which will insure that this series of errors does not happen again.

—John Petrucci

What a mess.. What has been going on with them lately?

Maybe this is the sign that they should go back to concentrating on playing music (remember Once in a Livetime? - no stage props... apart from Derek's lava lamps and boa! :D)...

Last edited:
Dunno what that has to do with what is obviously mismanagement from their promoters. They need to rethink the people booking gigs for them.

I went on Spotify to listen to some DT. Do you know what the Top 5 most popular/most played Dream Theater songs are on Spotify?

1. Pull Me Under - 10,849, 643
2. Panic Attack - 5,333,413
3. The Enemy Inside - 5, 049, 624
4. Another Day - 3,045, 378
5. The Gift of Music - 2,568,693

...that's an odd Top 5.

Pull Me Under and Panic Attack are the two most popular DT songs outside of "real fans". The former is obvious but the latter has surprised me as well.

It's the Muse influence. Plus, the beginning is killer.

Anyhoo, the top 5 seems rather believable to me, as it IMHO consists of songs people (i.e. non die-hards) are most likely to come across on YouTube and most likely to like.

I went on Spotify to listen to some DT. Do you know what the Top 5 most popular/most played Dream Theater songs are on Spotify?

1. Pull Me Under - 10,849, 643
2. Panic Attack - 5,333,413
3. The Enemy Inside - 5, 049, 624
4. Another Day - 3,045, 378
5. The Gift of Music - 2,568,693

...that's an odd Top 5.
'The Enemy Inside' and 'The Gift of Music' were the lead "singles" from the last two albums so it makes sense they'd have high plays as they'll come up on the Release Radar playlist for a lot of people. Those songs will also get a lot of repeat listens before the albums are released too. I think Spotify weights the songs somehow to get better popularity ratings as 'Metropolis' is 4th with less plays than 'Another Day' in 5th and 'As I Am' in 6th.

None of that is surprising. Lead singles plus Panic Attack which is pretty popular thanks to appearing in a Guitar Hero game. Another Day is the only real anomaly but is probably mostly thanks to being after Pull Me Under on the album.

I'm not surprised by anything that was a single or in a Guitar Hero game (I think Constant Motion was in that game, too). Enemy Inside, As I Am, Looking Glass (I'd expect that to be up there) are all great tunes.

As for the Muse influence, it's not just Panic Attack. Never Enough is quite reminiscent of Stockholm Syndrome, and Prophets of War has Muse flavoring, as well.

Back