Dream Theater

So I already know that ACOS is in the setlist. Don't know if this has been mentioned because I'm trying to avoid spoilers about the first set, but kind of interesting that set 2 is I&W + ACOS because ACOS was originally planned to be on the I&W album. So you're almost hearing it the way it was originally intended. Except they're probably not playing the original 93 version, although that would be cool!

Same here. They said they were coming soon on Christmas. A month and a half later is not coming soon.. I hope they didn't change their plans or something.

They confirmed awhile back that the US wouldn't get a tour until fall. I doubt they'll announce dates until summer.

Well regardless of when it is, as long as I get one Seattle date for this tour, I'll be perfectly happy!

Well, Mike LePond's (Symph X bassist) FB suggests he also supported Trump and that he's really scared of immigrants. Since I still listen to Megadeth, it doesn't bother me all that much.

Don't even want to see the DTF thread for this. :p

I don't really care either way. I generally roll my eyes when celebrities (including Trump) give a political opinion. In JP's defense, the interviewer asked and he gave a fairly uncontroversial answer. It wasn't him getting on a soap box.

Can't say I'm surprised though. I didn't have him pegged as a Trump supporter, but I assumed he was a conservative leaning type. OTBOA in particular seems to have a right leaning message.

Idk, that goes along with why I don't take celebs seriously on politics. The Astonishing story was so heavy handed and not very well thought out that if it reflects his real world views in any way, there probably isn't much nuance there. Perception is everything. Some people thought Trump was a tyrant before he even got elected. For some people it might take a return to feudalism and Footloose-esque dystopia to share that opinion.

Let's not judge a person based on his political views, shall we? He was asked and he answered. Who the hell cares?

Back