Dream Theater

Oh, by the way - on New Year's Eve, me and my wife had this couple over that we have really close relationship with, but who never actually gave metal a second thought (you know, because they were raised in the environment of folk, jazz, church music etc.). Of course we had to play them something we love and we put on Systematic Chaos, but after mere 2 minutes of ITPOE (where there's the buildup and the repetition of the opening descent, you know) they were really hooked and said that they understand really well how people become metal fans. So SC can't be that bad. :D

You just reminded me what a great guitar solo ITPOE has, right after the repetition of the opening descent. Moreover, "Redemption...redemption for humanity" and the harmonized unison at the end of Pt I should be acknowledged more by fans. That's one hell of a section.

" Bosk, you've been mentioned on the MaidenFans forum!

http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/dream-theater.10877/page-115

"That Bosk guy on the DT Forum..."
yarr.gif

That Bosk guy on the DT forum keeps dropping more hints. He now says there will be an Instrumental song played and some songs from the Astonishing. I'm also 95% sure that ACOS is the encore song.
I've been mentioned on the DT forum!

http://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/b...7b4a4f3001957d0aa0aeab10e33d&topic=48829.1225

But anyways, the set list will be revealed tomorrow! All my questions shall be answered!

It has started. The people at the Dream Theater Forum are reporting that
Dark Eternal Night
is the opener. Which to say the least is a very interesting choice.

The Setlist thus far. I'm gonna just keeping editing this post
Some sort of instrumental nobodies heard before
1. The Dark Eternal Night
2. The Bigger Picture
3. Hells Kitchen
4. The Gift of Music
5. A Life Left Behind
6. Our New World (followed by a JP solo)
7. The Spirit Carries On (followed by JM solo)
8. As I Am
9. Breaking All Illusions
---
10. Pull Me Under
11. Another Day (followed by JR solo)
12. Take The Time (extended JP solo)
13. Surrounded
14. Metropolis Pt 1. The Miracle and the Sleeper
15. Under a Glass Moon
16. Wait For Sleep
17. Learning to Live
---
18. A Change of Seasons

Last edited:
Same here. I really want them to announce the American tour dates. They said they were coming soon a month ago. I only need a Pacific Northwest gig to be able to go.

I would love to see that show. Is it confirmed that that will be the set for the whole tour? Or will they be rotating songs at each show? I'm assuming the second set and encore will be the same (at least I hope so!) but the first set maybe could benefit from a little tweaking..

I would love to see that show. Is it confirmed that that will be the set for the whole tour? Or will they be rotating songs at each show? I'm assuming the second set and encore will be the same (at least I hope so!) but the first set maybe could benefit from a little tweaking..
James said it was possible that they would. But he also said they would maybe alternate the encore song, which would be a big no.

It's definitely one of the better sets they've done. There's not really a weak part in the set. I even look forward to seeing The Astonishing songs live. I need my tickets now!!!

It turns out that the whole I&W set was downtuned by at least a half step with the exception of Wait For Sleep. Most likely to preserve James' voice.. I was having doubts about TTT, but this will make things easier on him for sure!

It turns out that the whole I&W set was downtuned by at least a half step with the exception of Wait For Sleep. Most likely to preserve James' voice.. I was having doubts about TTT, but this will make things easier on him for sure!

Good call.

Watched the live version of Hell's Kitchen. Many people criticize the way Mangini plays it but I'm eager for the Petrucciness alone. I'm not sure if I can live without seeing this setlist!!!

Two shows in a row where they have not played A Life Left Behind, and The Spirit Carries On. I wonder if this is permanent

Back