Dream Theater Studio Album Survivor: Images & Words wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters

Mosh

PM me your Nightwish album rankings!
Staff member
Welcome to the Dream Theater studio album survivor! Same rules apply as a normal survivor, but you only get 3 votes.

Ok I'm only voting for WDaDU for now, it's the album that just has to go first.

'When Dream and Day Unite' is a really good album. It doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Falling Into Infinity
Systematic Chaos
Black Clouds & Silver Linings

When Dream and Day Unite

Afterlife, Ytse Jam and The Ones Who Help to Set the Sun are pretty good, the rest is trash.

Afterlife definitely is a great song. Probably Top 20 for me, I'll give you that. But come on Status Seeker?

WDaDU isn't horrible, but it's the only DT album I never listen to, I hardly even count it in their discography. Sounds too much like Fates Warning or early Queensryche.
It does have its moments though and some of those songs are pretty great live.

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12: When Dream and Day Unite

I totally almost put Systematic Chaos twice again, in the same spot. Why do I think DT released two albums called Systematic Chaos?! :lol:

Only Black Clouds & Silver Linings, here. It's just so very bad.

I totally almost put Systematic Chaos twice again, in the same spot. Why do I think DT released two albums called Systematic Chaos?! :lol:

No no. No one needs to even hear that album twice!

Can't stand SC, never could. It's too loud, wanky, and has very few strong musical moments. It's the only album where I'll support the criticism DT always gets about overplaying and putting more importance in technicality over strong song writing or emotion. Because for the most part, SC has neither IMO.

I understand the "wankery" that Systematic Chaos, but it doesn't bother me to much, The Dark Eternal Night is the only exception to this. However The Ministry of Lost Souls has one of my favorite instrumental sections. The chugging riff is brilliant. :D

Back