Donington 1992

Christopher Baines

Educated Fool
Just wondered anyones thoughts on how this album sounds. Im talking about anyone who has heard the Radio 1 broadcast. It is so different to the official release. It sounds like Jans guitar parts have almost bern rerecorded. I know he was pretty sloppy on the night but if you compare the two it almost sounds like different show musically

Just wondered anyones thoughts on how this album sounds. Im talking about anyone who has heard the Radio 1 broadcast. It is so different to the official release. It sounds like Jans guitar parts have almost bern rerecorded. I know he was pretty sloppy on the night but if you compare the two it almost sounds like different show musically
Well, the production of this live album is raw. It's not as polished as 'Live After Death' or 'Rock In Rio 2001', but I still appreciate this one. I don't know if Janick's guitar parts have been re-recorded, I never heard of that.

Bruce’s massive cock-up on The Evil That Men Do was fixed on the album, so I guess there are loads of overdubs.

How they managed to release something with such a bad sound after overdubs is still puzzling me 30 years later.

Is the broadcast freely available? Never heard that one and it would be quite interesting to compare them.

Bruce’s massive cock-up on The Evil That Men Do was fixed on the album, so I guess there are loads of overdubs.

How they managed to release something with such a bad sound after overdubs is still puzzling me 30 years later.
Although there were cock ups that night i loved the energy of the performance which the broadcast displays. The official release strangles the life out of it.

I am very happy with this concert video. What an energy and great performances. Love it. The whole band is on fire, Bruce sounds really good and Janick doesn't change the solos that much. It sounds nice enough (Maiden's release, the raw sound from the 90's) and works better as a video though, not that much as a live album. For that we have some cool versions on ARLDO.

Last edited:
Back