Disc 1 vs Disc 2 (yeah, Travis is going to kill me)

Disc 1 vs Disc 2

• Disc 1

Votes: 48 77.4%
  • Disc 2

Votes: 14 22.6%

• Total voters

Ranko

I'll shoot the gunner first!
Sorry Travis, but I want to know what everyone thinks - which disc is better?

For me it's definitely Disc 2 - it starts with three great rockers, then the deep Man of Sorrows and EOTC.

On Disc 1 I adore IESF and SOL is pretty cool, but TRATB just kills the momentum. I haven't gotten into TBOS yet.

Number 2, for having two of the three songs I like the most (so far) - Tears of a Clown and Empire of the Clouds. But the title track is catching up now, so it is a close race.

Ya, I am going to kill you since disc 1 has TRATB and 2 has EOTC. :lol: And I refuse to vote since I don't look at the album as 2 separate discs. Again, the only reason for that is the album's length.

CD 2 has the best 3 song run, but the first two tracks are toward the bottom of the album for me. So I'm gonna vote for disc 1 just for being more consistent. Plus it would be a pretty good single album I think.

1 is stronger as a single disc. 2 has great songs, but the last 3 tracks are very distinctive by Maiden standards. So 1 has the smoother flow, even though 2 has the greater diversity.

All of which means I vote #1.

I tends towards Travis' position on the matter, that we shouldn't treat the album's halves like separate entities. That said, I am interested to see disk 1 seems to be winning the vote, given that The Red and the Black and When The River Runs Deep are among the more criticized tracks on the album.

Disc 1.

The second disc is amazing, but still feels like the second half of something. If you got rid of disc two, god forbid, disc one would still sound like a complete album.

Yeah, this is kind of how I see it as well.

And while it does contain two of the weaker numbers (Red and the Black and River Runs Deep) it also has two of my absolute favorites in If Eternity Should Fail and the title track.

Love both of them though!

The first disc and TOAC and EOTC. Thats all I need. SOTV is decent but I would put it before TBOS. Then Empire.

TY Maiden for giving your song titles such catchy abbreviations.

Back