Dio Reverse Survivor

What are your seven favourite Dio songs from this list?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mckindog

Living for Sanctuary from the law
Staff member
Given the recent run on Dio love here, the time appears ripe for another Dio Survivor.
But I am going to do this one with a twist.

Instead of voting off your least favourite songs, I want you to VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITES.
In the elimination rounds you get SEVEN votes. To make the game work, please try to use them all.
In the playoffs we will relax the seven vote rule and allow for more strategic voting.

Any track that gets no votes will be immediately eliminated.
The tracks that get the most votes will be promoted.

New style of game, so we may have to work out some kinks as we move along. Hope it works.

The game will include all of Ronnie's original studio albums from Rainbow to The Devil You Know
In many rounds I will also be throwing in a bonus track that didn't appear on one of those albums.

We start with the first two Rainbow albums and this bonus track from his days with Elf:

Man, Catch, Temple, Tarot, Close, Stargazer, Light. I have no idea how this game works, but I'm interested :D

Sweet! Also confused, but I'm voting for my favorites, so GAME ON!

Man, Catch, Temple, Wolf, Starstruck, Stargazer, Light in the Black

In many rounds I will also be throwing in a bonus track that didn't appear on one of those albums.
Stars?

1. Never More (a very complete song with several changes and great atmosphere)
  2. Man on the Silver Mountain
  3. Catch the Rainbow
  4. 16th Century Greensleeves (such a beautiful instrumental section; only for this alone it should survive)
  5. Still I'm Sad
  6. Tarot Woman
  7. Stargazer

Last edited:
Man, Catch, Temple, Tarot, Starstruck, Stargazer, Light

+ Still I'm Sad, I really do like this track.

mckindog, how do the promotions work? Like is it just Stargazer and Man that get promoted? Or do all the songs on 8 votes get promoted too?

+ Still I'm Sad, I really do like this track.

mckindog, how do the promotions work? Like is it just Stargazer and Man that get promoted? Or do all the songs on 8 votes get promoted too?

If the round ended today, two promotions (all votes) and two eliminations (no votes) and I'd add Long Live.
But that will likely be tweaked in future rounds because I doubt every round will be that simple and I want to keep the game moving. I think a key will be making sure there are always a lot of songs in the game during the elimination rounds.

@Forostar definitely
And agreed on Greensleeves and Still I'm sad. Numbers 3 and 4 off the debut for me.

@Forostar definitely
And agreed on Greensleeves and Still I'm sad. Numbers 3 and 4 off the debut for me.
Excellent. I realize there are many other singers (and guitarists!) out there but it is a very typical Dio song, with his Dio bandmates clearly adding to the whole.

Back