Dio Reverse Survivor Playoffs: picking a winner is Heaven and Hell

Pick your favourite Dio song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mckindog

Living for Sanctuary from the law
Staff member
A total of 45 songs have qualified for the playoffs.
The ones that got promoted quickly get an early playoff bye.

Small change for the playoffs. In any given round you can vote for up to half the available songs.
In this open round that means 13 songs.

1. Stars
  2. Sunset Superman
  3. Lock Up the Wolves
  4. Computer God
  5. Don't Talk to Strangers
  6. Sign of the Southern Cross
  7. Sacred Heart
  8. Egypt (The Chains Are On)
  9. Rock'n'Roll Children
  10. One Night in the City

Little surprised to see ISpeed At Night ahead of some of the songs it's leading.

Really like that nearly every song has a vote.
It's going to be a tough playoff.

Hope we get a few more voters.

Eliminated: Night People, Lock Up The Wolves, Naked in the Rain, Computer God, After All (The Dead), TV Crimes, Sacred Heart, Losing My Insanity, Country Girl

Nine songs out, eight new songs in.
Once again, you have up to 13 votes.

Eliminated: Hungry For Heaven, Dream Evil, Overlove, Shame on the Night, Sunset Superman, I Speed at Night, Rock n Roll Children, One Night in the City.

Final promoted songs enter the game.

You have 14 votes.

Eliminated: Stand Up and Shout, I, We Rock, Bible Black, Man on the Silver Mountain, Straight Through the Heart, Temple of the King, Don't Talk to Strangers.

Nothing against Catch the Rainbow, but I've never understand why people usually prefer it to Temple of the King.

Down to 20 songs. You have a maximum of 10 votes.

Last edited:
This is so difficult. Not voting for Rainbow in the Dark or Catch the Rainbow is very difficult, but currently a must.

And the both die as a consequence of your decision. :p

Eliminated: Sign of the Southern Cross, Caught in the Middle, Rainbow in the Dark, Catch the Rainbow, Mob Rules, Last in Line.

Fourteen songs left. Down to a maximum of seven votes.
We will have a top-ten. Tiebreakers will be decided by the number of votes in the preceding round(s)

This was going in a way I was very comfortable with until that last round.
Lost five songs that I would have been happy to see in the top 10.
Five songs remain that would not have been in my top 10.

I also gambled too hard by not voting for Rainbow in the Dark. But I did vote for Mob Rules. Sad to see this one go so early. Still, Dio sang on better songs and some of these are desperately lacking votes. So I can't vote for much else now.

Egypt, Gates, Kill the King, Heaven and Hell, Holy Diver, Children of the Sea, Die Young

Eliminated: Rainbow in the Dark, Catch the Rainbow, Mob Rules, Last in Line.

I also gambled by not voting for either Rainbow song or Mob Rules, but these four songs being eliminated while we still have Stars, Tarot Woman, Light in the Black, and Fools in play is just plain sad.

Back