1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did any of the songs from The Book Of Souls enter your top 10 maiden songs list?

Discussion in 'The Book of Souls' started by matic22, Sep 4, 2015.

1. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

Hi Icemint,

I have edited the above post to avoid setlist spoilers, as is the forum policy. Please take the time to read the rules.

Thanks.

2. bornless1

bornless1 Messiah Supreme. True Leader of Men.

IF there was a bottom ten maiden songs list, IESF would be in that group. Eternity' is on permanent skip for me. I know, not popular. As for top ten list:
    The great unknown' is knocking on the door. I wish it had another verse. Abruptly ending as it does hurts it a little for me as well. But I love it!! I'd say TGU is 15-ish right now on the maiden list. Then nothing else til around 40.

3. Icemint

Icemint Prowler

Hi, thanks for that, I should have read the rules. I'm just so excited, to find this forum and when maiden release new album, or playing here in Finland.

Shavasku likes this.
  4. Spambot

Spambot Nomad

Unfortunately no. In 2 months albums is going to be a year old and there is not a single song that I've said: "Fuck yes!" when I heard it the first time and that has the same impact now. Don't know exactly what my top 10 Maiden songs are by order but it's definitely not a single one from this album. Not that the songs are bad, but there is a thing or two that annoys me in every one of them. With When the River Runs Deep being the exception, but still - it doesn't have that "Fuck yes!" effect.

5. Black Bart

Black Bart Ancient Mariner

Possibly the title track. "Speed of Light" and "Empire of the Clouds", though not in my top 10, are also memorable.

6. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Eternity. I'll redo my Top Ten at some point.

7. Shavasku

Shavasku Nomad

The Book of Souls and The Red and The Black.

8. Littestu66

Littestu66 Invader

If Eternity Should Fail is on the doorstep of top 10.
    Empire and BoS are definitely in top 25 and maybe Red and Black.
    I really like the album.

9. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon The dreamers may die, but the dreams live on.

Considering TRATB and EOTC have become my 2 most favorite Maiden songs of all time, I think it's a safe bet to say yes to this.