1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did any of the songs from The Book Of Souls enter your top 10 maiden songs list?

Discussion in 'The Book of Souls' started by matic22, Sep 4, 2015.

1. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

I just saw this thread in TFF forum so I thought why not replicate it 5 years later.

Anyway EOTC did enter my top ten... It's #3, behind Hallowed and SSOAS and has just overtaken Rime.

2. Brave New Pilgrim

Brave New Pilgrim What not to do if your bird sh#$% on you....

It's too hard to tell right now.

Probably a safe bet that Empire is in my top ten, though.

Other contenders are the title track and IESF.

3. Kaos

Kaos Invader

Its to early to tell, but its not impossible and that is amazing in it self

Machiventa likes this.
  4. SinisterMinisterX

SinisterMinisterX Illuminatus Staff Member

Way too soon to tell for sure. Empire and Red & Black will both likely be there, though.

Machiventa likes this.
  5. Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner Prowler

Empire for sure and TRATB is a possibility.

6. Babo 91

Babo 91 Nomad

Too soon but EOTC, TBOS, IESF and TRATB are good candidates

Hermod likes this.
  7. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

I won't know until I re-rank following the release of album polls, but I'd guess that Empire will be there. TBOS has a chance too.

8. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Probably. My top ten list was out of date anyway.

9. Rikstewart

Rikstewart Trooper

Still too early for me too, but EOTC and BOS are strong contenders

10. ironbaz

ironbaz Nomad

No, I have only one song in my top ten list that is post '88, and its name is Brighter than a thousand suns.

11. Caveman Ninja

Caveman Ninja The Titanic doesn't fit inside

I don't really understand how it's even possible to have a top ten list! I'm not really capable of ranking 160+ songs in order!

12. Pand

Pand Ancient Mariner

I imagine at least one of EOTC, IESF and TRATB will end up there. Time will tell.

13. Kaos

Kaos Invader

This is a list that will change over time. Even the best songs can be "overplayed". Key is not to take it seriously. Just make one for fun.

14. ironbaz

ironbaz Nomad

This, but my thoughts remain. I will exchange a ROTAM for a SSOASS but not with a WTWWB. :D

15. Edu_Smith

Edu_Smith Eduardo

I loved the album.
    But no top 10

16. Lempface

Lempface The Guide

The whole album right now, I love every track. Just blown away by the record. Will have to come back to this when the newness dies down and I start listening to other tracks.

Actually since this leaked it's all I've listened to. About an hour ago, after listening while reading lyrics from the deluxe book, I listened to Dance of Death, The Talisman and The Legacy. Those are some of my other favorites, and to be sure, they still kick ass. Gers has written some badass shit lately.

I imagine BOS, TRATB, IESF, SOTV have the best chance to stick in the top 10.

I like EOTC, don't get me wrong, but it might be my least favorite track on the album. Still a 10/10.

17. bornless1

bornless1 Messiah Supreme. True Leader of Men.

It's funny how I just don't want to listen to anything else! Can't stop listening either. Crazy. I'd say the great unknown will be a top ten. Heck it's # freakin 1 right now . I've listened to it at least 15 times today. Eventually as the hype and newness settles away, great unknown and wtrrd will be there I think.

Meliegree likes this.
  18. Chazz Chetly

Chazz Chetly Captain Charisma

No, I don't think so. I think the album has 6 strong tracks. An hours worth of really good material. But for me, as of now, nothing is amazing. But there is nothing wrong with being really good. There are songs on here I really love, and will listen to often.

19. Lampwick 43

Lampwick 43 Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

There is a very strong chance that the title track will be in my top 10. I'll probably do a top 50 ranking in a couple months or so, giving a little time for the album to sink in.

20. DJMayes

DJMayes Educated Fool

It's obviously early but at this very moment I would put EOTC at #1. I think it's that good.

IESF gets into the high teens by merit of how catchy the chorus is alone but I don't think it quite breaks the top 10.