Decreasing Post Count

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perun said:
I don't give a damn.

Well, if it's an issue with the database, maybe it ought to be examined.  Yours doesn't look like it's changed, and since we artificially inflated yours, that might be a clue.

I haven't noticed anything, but then again I didn't even have any idea about my post count before you brought it up. 

I was going to write something longer and more stupid but then I noticed this isn't the madness forum.  It sure did feel like it though. :ninja:
Maybe later...

I noticed a few had dropped off, but wondered if something got moved to the madness forum and thats why they fell off.

It's not like it's a huge deal.  Post count doesn't mean anything, so long as mine is still bigger than Perun's.

LooseCannon said:
...doesn't mean anything, so long as mine is still bigger than Perun's.

Must you make everything a competition?  Just be happy with what God gave you. :p

Edit: 'leet'? Now, that's just bad grammar.

I have never kept much of an eye on my total number of posts, but I have noticed several times that some old ones of mine (with substance / no short reactions) were deleted, while the threads still exist. So I don't understand the purpose of the deleting of specific posts.

So I do give "some" damn. I have the habit of re-tracing, re-reading and sometimes even re-using parts from old posts for the body of new posts, when things are content related. I do not change opinion much and it spares me time when I do not have to rewrite things twice or more times.

We've noticed you don't change your opinions much, Forostar.  :bigsmile:

But it's not being purposefully done - if anything, it's some sort of autodelete function.

Yeah, I noticed my post count went down because it was back to the 666 mark, so I don't have anything against it :p.
But in all honesty I thought it was a joke from some mod somewhere.

Forostar said:
I have never kept much of an eye on my total number of posts, but I have noticed several times that some old ones of mine (with substance / no short reactions) were deleted, while the threads still exist. So I don't understand the purpose of the deleting of specific posts.

I think Mav is trying to tell us to be more careful when posting -is that simple I think
Is true some posts don't add anything to the threads
but as I said elsewhere
what I liked the most was the cleaning up of the non-active members -that was too cool 

As big a believer as I am in the "post counts mean nothing" I am unaware of any problems here especially if they happened in the last few days.
There is an option on the forum that recounts everything but I believe this is for forums/topics not members. Let me know if the problem continues.

LooseCannon said:
we artificially inflated yours

we still talking about post count? :p

I figured some purging was done...

Forostar said:
So I do give "some" damn. I have the habit of re-tracing, re-reading

Me too, I was particularly upset when I noticed my public urinator rant gone :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back