Death Or Glory

How good is Death or Glory on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
One of the best rockers they've ever released I think.

It's got a killer opening riff that grabs you straight away, which leads into a classic Maiden gallop - What's not to like?

I must admit, it took me quite a few listens for it to settle in, but at the moment, it's up there with Aces High.

This song didn't click with me immediately in the way "Speed Of Light" did, but after repeated plays, it has shown itself up to be an awesome little number. One thing I did love about the song on first listening, was the bridge and the solo section, which is magnificent, but the other elements of the song really stand out too after further investigation. I love the pugilistic main riff, and the pre-chorus is soaring and awesome, with Bruce in fine voice. I can easily imagine air guitaring and singing my heart out along to this one in a live setting. lol It is a fantastic song!

This is a solid rocker, actually pretty sophisticated. I'd say it's like a better Running Free. It definitely has a more old-school vibe to it, either from No Prayer or Iron Maiden or Killers. I also thought I heard 'die like a monkey' in there so that's awesome. Unexpected and fun.

Anybody else hear a very strong callback to Where Eagles Dare in the solo?

I hear a similarity now that you mention it. I think there's a lot of riffs on this album that will remind people of older riffs, but it's all put together in new ways.

This is a solid rocker, actually pretty sophisticated. I'd say it's like a better Running Free. It definitely has a more old-school vibe to it, either from No Prayer or Iron Maiden or Killers. I also thought I heard 'die like a monkey' in there so that's awesome. Unexpected and fun.

It is DIVE like a monkey,it is a phrase used for the specific small fighter planes during WWI.

In my opinion the second weakest song on the album. ... but with that said, it's still a really, really good song, and if I had to try to put numbers on it, I'd give it 8/10.
That just goes to show you how incredible this album is.

Heavy and straight to the point. The pre-chorus sounds like Bruce's solo. One of my favorites.

In the 2nd tier of very good songs on this album. Like the intro but, for some reason, the guitar that follows sort of doesn't mesh with it. It's heavy & thumping but, pretty simplistic in nature. Then we go back to the trusted chords ringing out during the verse. This song, imho, was saved by Bruce. But, it's really good. Intro & Solos are excellent, musically the rest is kind of meh rescued by Bruce brilliantly.

Official Lyrics:

I see the enemy, I know he can’t see me
Combat red in tooth and claw
Ready now for one more score
Took a bullet in my brain
Inside I’m the king of pain
Outside you will fear my name
I ride a blood red triplane

Turn like the devil, shoot straight from the sun
Climb like a monkey out of hell where I belong

Death or glory, it’s all the same
Death or glory, the price of fame
Death or glory, I’m in the game of
Death or glory, a one way train

I watch you spiral down
Dead before you hit the ground
Bullet got you in the back
Deflection shooting beam attack
I shoot the gunner first
I kill to quench my thirst
I hunt the weakest prey
Live to fly another day

I hear resemblance to Back From The Edge on H's solo, especially at the beginning.
Verse and prechorus remind me of Twilight Zone.

Great song, awesome solo section, chorus is lacking a bit.... :|

A fresh approach with Adrian and Bruce writing together.
Really like this song at first listen.
Apparently it's about WW1 and the Red Baron..
Goes past so quickly after listening to some of the epics.
Brilliant sing a long chorus.
This album is full of great songs.:)

I love lyrics and melody of this song, it's great song to sing and I'm sure that they will play it live.

Back