Death Metal

Yep, Istanbul. The band is German but the vocalist/guitarist is Turkish. Phenomenal player.

The guy's called Muhammed Suiçmez, a member of the audience yells "You're the real prophet" at him in the video. :D

Time for a new album! Last one from 2004!!! Holy hell.

Epitaph is one of the best riff monster albums out there.

Live with good audio!

Last edited:
Has any of you heard of these guys before? They are from Greece. Nice leads, good atmosphere.

Last edited:
Time for a new album! Last one from 2004!!! Holy hell.

Epitaph is one of the best riff monster albums out there.

Live with good audio!
I LOL'd at Extreme UNICORN. very well done, intentionally or not. seen these guys live back in 2009 when Marco Minnemann was playing for them. killed it.

Man.... old news I missed, but I'm sad to read this. http://loudwire.com/gates-of-ishtar-oscar-karlsson-dead-39/

(I also was not aware that Gates of Ishtar had reunited)
- - - - - - -
The metal community has sadly lost another member. Swedish drummer Oscar Karlsson has passed away at the age of 39 on March 3. The stickman was best known for his work in the melodic death metal outfit Gates of Ishtar, who reunited in 2015 for the first time in 17 years. His Ishtar bandmates as well as former comrades in the Duskfall have both issued statements concerning the loss.

Gates of Ishtar broke the news, issuing a statement, which read, “It is with much sadness and regret that we have learned that our drummer and friend Oscar Karlsson has passed away at the age of 39. Words cannot express how we feel. Oscar was a fantastic human being and a great friend and he will be dearly missed.”

The Duskfall expressed their grief as well, stating, “With heavy hearts we have to let you all know that our dear friend and long time ex-drummer of the Duskfall Oscar has passed away. Tomorrow’s show is going to be dedicated to him. Our biggest condolences to the family. Keep the heavy beat going on the other side for us Oscar…until we jam again! With huge respects.”

Karlsson played on 13 studio albums throughout his career, which including work not only with Gates of Ishtar and the Duskfall, but with Helltrain, Scheitan and the Everdawn as well. He was also a member of death metal outfit Defleshed before they recorded their debut full length, cutting three demos and an EP with the group.

- - - - - - -

At the Oslo meet I played this song to Dom and Wingman, not knowing he was dead already for a few months. You can visualize the drum kit shaking while you play this:

From Gates of Ishtar facebook page:
Oscar ripping it up in the mid nineties. Them drums were severly punished!
12938083_1066911616701335_5829681739240839548_n.jpg

Last edited:
Listening to this back in 2000 was a game changer. Hello Iron Maiden's Powerslave album on smack .... Lyricists Karl Sanders actually being a historian on Egypt and ancient Egypt also helped quite a lot...

OK.

I can post the first album pretty much straight away because it had such a big impact on me. I bought this album at a second hand CD store when I was about 13 or 14 years old - and It's one of the earliest DM albums I remember owning. I played it when I still lived at home on my parents stereo when they weren't home. Full volume.

OK after this..and this is such a chaotic time to pick albums in because I was listening to so much stuff around the year of 1994-1996...but The Bleeding by Cannibal Corpse has to be mentioned. Probably not the best album that year but holy shit....the sound, the image, the lyrics, everything ...it all made such a huge impression!! I remember after this I started looking up those long sleeve Cannibal Shirts because they looked so cool and and freaked everyone else out :p

Last edited:
Official video from the single from The Bleeding :)

Why can't I breathe
Still I see
Dead on the table
Try to move, I'm not able to
They said I have died
I still felt alive
I won't believe their lies
I can still see through these
Eyes
Help me I'm not dead
Wake me from this hell
Tell me I'm alive
Dead
Knives cutting into me
Scalpels rip me
Screaming into deaf ears
Now they stop and see my
tears
Help me I'm not dead
Wake me from this hell
Tell me I'm alive
Dead

Last edited:
They're pretty good but I like the other vocals at least as much.

Meanwhile:

Last edited:
Veteran Dutch extreme metallers Pestilence are back with a new lineup featuring vocalist/guitarist Patrick Mameli alongside Santiago Dobles (Aghora) on lead guitar, Tony Choy (Atheist) on bass and Septimiu Hărşan (Disavowed) on drums. The band is currently booking shows for 2017.

As a guest musician, Choy played bass for Pestilence on the 1991 album "Testimony Of The Ancients" and took part in some live gigs. He was also involved with Mameli's project C-187 on the album "Collision". Choy joined Patrick in the reformed Pestilence in 2008 and played on the "Resurrection Macabre" album and subsequent tour but left the band in October 2009 to focus on his other projects.

In July 2014, Mameli announced that Pestilence was "on a permanent hold" while he concentrated fully on his new Neuromorph project, which he said would be "more brutal, more crazy, more tech, more futuristic and more death" than his longtime outfit.

Pestilence's seventh album, "Obsideo", was released in November 2013 via Candlelight Records. The CD was produced by Mameli and featured ten new songs. According to Mameli, the album's overall lyrical theme was "the journey of the human soul."

In a 2013 interview with Live Reviewer, Mameli said that it was his "passion" that motivated him to keep Pestilence alive after all these years. He explained at the time: "I think we can still contribute to the death metal community. Pestilence has always been my passion since I formed the band. It feels like a child that's grown up now. If I would run out of ideas, that would be the end."

Mameli also dismissed constant calls for a reunion with early Pestilence bassist/vocalist Martin Van Drunen, who sang on the band's classic albums "Malleus Maleficarum" (1988) and "Consuming Impulse" (1989). He said: "It's been 25 years. We try to become better musicians all the time. I think we deserve some credit for always looking ahead and trying to be innovative."

(from Blabbermouth)

Classic thrash/death crossover band Protector back with a 2016 album. Hitting the same style of speed and groove as on their early 90s albums. If we will see Dutch band Pestilence do the same later this year I will be very happy..As for now Protector is showing how to do a comeback!

Back