1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dave Murray

Discussion in 'Solo/Side Project Discussion' started by CriedWhenBrucieLeft, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Black Bart

Black Bart Ancient Mariner

Dave Murray lives in Hawaii most of the time. Other homeowners there are Cliff Williams, Lars Ulrich, Carlos Santana and Steven Tyler. What the f** are you waiting for to put up a local band? :D

2. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

They're probably waiting for someone who can play drums...

3. Black Bart

:applause:

4. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Day of the Eagle by the original artist, live in ...

CriedWhenBrucieLeft likes this.
  5. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

I'll take Dave's soloing ever time, thanks.

6. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

Although, the Trower facial close-ups from 12 minutes in are fantastic! :p

7. TheTalisman

TheTalisman Fågel

MrKnickerbocker likes this.
  8. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

I have that same guitar! Only mine's an 80's model. But still...I have a Murray guitar!

Brigantium likes this.
  9. Maturin

Maturin Sköldpadda

I thought he went out and said his main guitar is a California Series when Fender released the new signature based on it? Quite far from a Customshop job... (The California Series was a quite affordable mid-range model.) The bad research and misinformation by people writing these articles! In the older Premier Guitar one from 2010 they said that the mini humbucker in Adrian's Goldtop Deluxe LP was from a Firebird. What kind of people do they hire? Anyone with any kind of knowledge would know that late 60's to early 70's Les Pauls were the "Deluxes" with mini humbuckers leftovers from Epiphone archtop production, placed in P90 routes and installed in the reissued Les Paul models. (The mini humbuckers from a Firebird are completely different pickups, and there's no way you'd even mistake them visually.) Adrian's Les Paul has had wood routed out and a full size 'bucker installed (probably a DiMarzio Super Distortion, but who knows).

Bottom line, don't trust any of it. With these mistakes, there's bound to be more that you can't easily check.

Edit: Big questionmark on this too "Dave favours a middle position or neck-and-middle position for rhythm work" - for clean, definitely. Highly questionable for distorted rhythm guitar. Most likely wrong info/misquote.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  10. Naty

Naty Educated Fool

Dave Murray, Alice Cooper, Sammy Hagar and others covering Ace Of Spades and Revolution.

11. Black Bart

His solo on AOS makes it sound like "Moonchild"'s ;)

12. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway Yacht Rock

Never thought I'd see Dave Murray cover Motörhead...;)

13. Forostar

14. Forostar

Different recordings:

Coming back to this:
    The first Maiden album, for instance the fast part of Prowler, is as (least as) heavy/rough/raw as Motörhead. Puts things into perpective doesn't it? As if the circle is round again... :) Basically, apart from the tribute aspect (which is important of course) I find it cool to see Dave playing such music again.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  15. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway Yacht Rock

Yeah. Like you said he hasn't played like that since well, the debut...He was the one with the punk influences too wasn't he? :) Mixed in with a good portion of classic blues and rock of course.

Forostar likes this.
  16. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

Still widdly-widdly after all these years.

17. matic22

matic22 H is shorter for God.

Damn... Dave is on fire here.

18. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

I'm assuming these are also from the New Year event...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Black Bart and Forostar like this.
  19. Forostar

Another one with Dave, this time with Alice Cooper on lead vocals. Who can identify the song?

Lovely solos! Cool end.
    And School's Out (with Another Brick in the Wall inserted), also with Dave stealing the show:

Revolution:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  20. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

Guessing I'm Eighteen by Alice Cooper.
    Who's the lady on lead guitar, btw?