1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'cross-eyed Mary'

Discussion in 'Piece Of Mind' started by Anonymous, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Cross-Eyed Mary' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

2. Black Ace

Black Ace Trooper

'cross-eyed Mary'

Personally, I like Tull's version better. Althought Bruces' voice is more expresive than Andersonns'

3. Cosmiceddie

Cosmiceddie Back From The Edge

'cross-eyed Mary'

'Cross Eyed Mary' contains without a shadow of doubt some of Bruce's best vocal performances ever.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

'cross-eyed Mary'

Cool song, but Maiden made the right decision keeping it off the album. It's one of the better B-Sides. Rating: 3/5

Edit: I should have rated this 3.5/5... oh well.

5. Maidenfreak

Maidenfreak Ancient Mariner

'cross-eyed Mary'

Not a bad cover at all. Of course, the flute is missing, but the guitar does a good impression [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Nothing fantastic here though, it's just a good cover. 3,5

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

'cross-eyed Mary'

I think as far as covers go it is fantastic. One of my all time favorite covers actually. There is not a single thing wrong with this song. 5/5

7. Eric Wright

Eric Wright Nomad

I'm really caught in a dilemna because I prefer Bruce's voice to Andersons....yet that beautiful flute is missing. 5/5, it's a great cover. Love Jethro Tull.

8. Sth2112

Sth2112 Nomad

Good, straight cover version of a classic song

8/10

9. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 Come to the Sabbath

Maybe I should listen to the original first but... eh. A lot of people consider it to be one of Maiden's best B-sides. I don't. 6/10